Thread: Catalyst 10.1 problem on Windows 7

Catalyst 10.1 problem on Windows 7

I am some problem in uninstalling Catalyst 9.12 control center. Here is the information of what I did. First I had removed the driver properly from Control Panel > Add Remove program. Then I had installed Catalyst 10.1. But at the end it popped up error that now ATI graphic driver is installed, or the ati driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware. How to fix this.

Re: Catalyst 10.1 problem on Windows 7

It is possible that some part of the old driver is left behind while the un-installation procedure was on. You can simply use here Driver Sweeper. Download the same and run it. Then you can scan for left driver files in your system. Once found delete them properly. Reboot your system back and then install the Catalyst 10.1 version. At the end then you must not get any error message.

I am getting a HDMI error in my system. But on the other hand the sound is working fine in my system. Everything goes fine is Games. After the installation of the driver I had properly restarted my system and found that this does not update the driver version. I think the 10.1 version of Catalyst Control center is really buggy. This error had came out after installing this

Usually it not really recommended that you must Driver Sweeper to clean up useless driver file. Simply uninstall the same properly from Control Panel and then reboot the system. I will recommend you not to install the HDMI driver if you are not using the HDMI audio. This will stop the error issue in your system. Or else stick back to your old drivers. There is nothing much in this new version.

Here try this out. First remove all the drivers and tools of ATI. After that you can run CCleaner to cleanup the renaming mess. Then reboot your system in safe mode. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Click on View > Show hidden device. Uninstall everything you found under Monitors and Display Adapters. Reboot in normal mode.

I had last time updated my Catalyst driver. The version number of the same is 8.7. From that time I had not updated the drivers. But now I had added some new games and for better performance I had added the 10.1 Catalyst Control Center. After rebooting my system it showed that there is no driver installed in my PC. But when I run the setup it showed that the driver are installed.

The drivers does not installs properly because they are unsigned. So for that you might face certain issue. You can try to install the drivers manually via Device Manager. First open Device manager and then right click on the Graphic Card. Go to Properties > drivers. Click on update. Then choose not this time and click on continue. Chose the 2nd option stating for advance users. Then press continue and again choose the second option do not search. Now click on continue > have disk. Click on search adn then browse to C:\ATI\Support\9-12_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Packages\Drivers\Display\XP_INF. Choose the .inf file that can be CX_92502.inf. Click on Open and OK. Provide yes for install unsigned driver. Reboot your system.