Thread: Installation problems with ATI Catalyst 10.4 on Windows 7 64 bit

Installation problems with ATI Catalyst 10.4 on Windows 7 64 bit

Hi, I am trying to update the ATI catalyst on my system from version 10.3 to version 10.4 but the up-gradation does not complete successfully. The upgrade process quits in between giving an error message saying "The process has stop functioning and will terminate". The operating system on the computer is Windows 7 64 bit. I am not able to understand why the update procedure is failing and hence need your help. So if any of you is facing similar Installation problems with ATI Catalyst 10.4 on Windows 7 64 bit then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Installation problems with ATI Catalyst 10.4 on Windows 7 64 bit

Is there any antivirus application installed on the computer? If yes then disable all the Antivirus products on the computer and then try to upgrade the procedure. There is high possibility that the antivirus application is blocking the update procedure of the ATI catalyst and hence the system is giving such error. Therefore before upgrading the ATI catalyst drivers, stop all the antivirus applications on the computer and see if it helps.

I suspect that there is some problem with the installer of the updated ATI catalyst drivers due to which you are facing such problem. If the Internet connection is fluctuating while downloading the installer file, then there is high possibility that the installation file gets corrupt. Therefore I would suggest that you download the installation file for the ATI catalyst again on the system and try to update it.

You will have to remove the previously installed version of ATI catalyst from the system and then install the updated version of ATI catalyst drivers on the system. Sometimes the previous version which is installed on the computer will create problems in installation of the new version of the drivers and hence removing the previous version before installing the new version is necessary.