Thread: Installation issues with ATI catalyst 10.1

Installation issues with ATI catalyst 10.1

Hello there, I am facing some problems while installing the the latest ATI catalyst drivers on my computer. I have a desktop computer running on Windows 7 64 bit and has an ATI 4850 card installed on it. The problem is whenever I try to install the ATI catalyst 10.1 on the system, it gives some error and quits. I am not able to figure out what is causing such error and hence need your help in solving the issue. Therefore if anybody else is facing similar Installation issues with ATI catalyst 10.1 then please suggest some solutions. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Installation issues with ATI catalyst 10.1

May be there is some problem with the installer of the graphics driver due to which the installation is not working properly. You must have downloaded the installer for the drivers from the official site. Hence the installer of the file can get corrupt if there is some problem with the internet connection. So I will suggest that you download other copy of the installer and then try the installation on the computer.

Have you removed the drivers which were installed previously? Sometimes the drivers which are installed previously conflict with the updated drivers which are to be installed on the computer. Hence in such situation you will have to remove the previously installed drivers and then reboot the system. After rebooting the system try to install the drivers and see if it works.

Before installation of the new drivers, I would suggest that you disable all the security softwares installed on the computer. Sometimes the security softwares installed on the computer block the installation process of any new application on the computer considering it as the threat. Hence disable the security software if any and then install the latest ATI catalyst drivers on the computer.