Thread: ATI Radeon 4850 Overheating and Crashing Games Issues

ATI Radeon 4850 Overheating and Crashing Games Issues

I have ATI 4850 512 MB single slot in a Shuttle with only a 16x PCI slot and one PCI slot, logically located next to each other. The power supply is 450W. Because I have installed a soundblaster sound card, I had to pick a single graphics slot, the 512 MB ATI 4850 shappire (red). As I feared before making the change, the card takes me high temperatures ... to give you an idea, is in Windows 88 / 95 º in about 50% fan. I reached 115 degrees and take me to reach black Crysis screenshots. And due to this I have faced crashing issues while playing the games. Can anybody tell solution for this.?!

Re: ATI Radeon 4850 Overheating and Crashing Games Issues

The problem with this graphics card is given to perhaps your case is not well ventilated and not air flow. Keep in mind that the HD4850 to serve only one slot is heated enough, but 115 º C encounter a savage. This graphics card at best should reach 80 º C and at full capacity. Another thing that I'm realizing your PC is your power supply. 450 W I see very fair for the graphics card, even if this power supply is brand (no longer talk about gender).

It occurs to me that if you go up the fan to 100%, temperatures could improve. At least try it, because with the Ati tools, I think, you can climb the fan speed, and if not with Rivatuner. On the other hand, I think I'll review the sink contact with the chip and the state of the thermal grease from the factory in case of overheating causes. Anyway, keep in mind that mid-range graphics / upper middle usually larger and more heated and barebones are not particularly large.

You can get a program used to edit the BIOS. This program is called RBE (Radeon Bios Editor), with the same we have many options for editing multiple BIOS settings. Be very careful, do not go through the branches in the configuration that will end up losing. It is very comprehensive, but I recommend (for the few experienced) just by moving the values of the frequencies of CORE and MEMORY if they want to apply a bit of overclocking on the motherboard (which incidentally is quite OCERA the red). What I did with this program was to modify the values for the operation of the Cooler, which really is not complicated, change the values of the clocks of CORE and MEMORY in 2D mode and give it a little bit of overclocking in 3D mode.

To be sure, just restart the machine, open the GPUZ and check the values of the clocks. In the tab "Sensor" will see the changed values. As appreciated, the Core runs at 160 mhz and 500 mhz memory, this gives us a remarkable low power consumption and reduced temperature. Veran that the plate is cool and the cooler rotates at a speed between 40% and 50%. Now try the full plate without closing the GPUZ, open the HDR-IBL (the program stress the GPU down in point 5). They will see that the clocks are triggered to: Core 650 mhz and 1000 mhz Memo in OC version - Core 625 mhz and 993 mhz Memo to the version without OC. With this they see that the temperature begins to climb and is accompanied with the increase of the revolutions of cooler, which prevents overheating of the plate.

You can use the RBE to edit the BIOS. This program is called RBE (Radeon Bios Editor), with the same we have many options for editing multiple BIOS settings. Be very careful, do not go through the branches in the configuration that will end up losing. It is very comprehensive, but I recommend (for the few experienced) just by moving the values of the frequencies of CORE and MEMORY if they want to apply a bit of overclocking on the motherboard (which incidentally is quite OCERA the red). What I did with this program was to modify the values for the operation of the Cooler, which really is not complicated, change the values of the clocks of CORE and MEMORY in 2D mode and give it a little bit of overclocking in 3D mode. But again, with the BIOS that I'll pass, no need to use this program is only for the curious who want to put a little hand.