Thread: Watch videos in full screen with Dual Monitors

Watch videos in full screen with Dual Monitors

I recently purchase a new monitor to have a dual setup for my MacBook Pro. I then tried to play a video on Mozilla Firefox on one screen and see it in full screen mode. Now when I try to move it to another monitor it exists from the full screen mode. What can be done to stop this? I want it to remain in full screen.

Re: Watch videos in full screen with Dual Monitors

This should actually be considered as a problem because it is how flash video works. If you have Firefox opened on one monitor with some flash video running, then taking it to another monitor may mess up since you may have clicked somewhere in that screen. So, in short, you can only maximize the video on the screen at a time. Moving the video in its size from one screen to another is not possible in case of Flash videos.

But why is it so? Can you explain me it technically? Because I think the video is downloaded only once and that too on my computer and so the monitor doesn't play any role in this. Thus I don't think there should be any problem viewing the same video on any of the monitors.

This completely depends on the application that you have been using to view those videos. It also depends on the monitor resolution that you have. It should ideally be same. The video should also support wide screen to allow you to have both the monitor let it display in full screen.

What kind of flash video do you want to play? Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight? I can play the Netflix videos on my dual monitor setup easily with my Safari browser. I have also tried playing the same on my QuickTime in full screen. My Mac computer is able to play it.