Thread: "Missing AGP Graphics Card" ??

"Missing AGP Graphics Card" ??

Hey guys ! I hope, you all will help me to come out from this issue .I have just installed the game named as Final Cut Express 3 , and when I moved to launch it for play then I got the error that is related to the configuration of card. It occurred the error message as I was missing an AGP graphics card. I moved online, and got that I had to install an update. Then I performed the installation with the help of Software Update, restarted the system and then opened the game but the same error is keep displaying again and again ..Any idea

Re: "Missing AGP Graphics Card" ??

Commonly, this kind of error is generated when you have not installed the graphics card properly. And if you are sure that you have installed that properly then you should configure something like that. go to the Finder and then Final Cut application, right click and select "Show Package Contents" From there and you have to search the file known as "Info.plist". Just open it in the Text Edit (or Property List Editor in case, if you are running with the installation of developer tools . Just find out the string that tells that AGP, and change AGP to PCI. That should be the best and go fine, you need not to worry about that .....

your suggestion is appreciated for rastogi and I am not sure how he is going now but I was running with the same problem and applied your suggestion and changed the AGP string to PCI that goes very well but when I try to open the same game, I am still receiving the configuration error which tells that

"this software requires certain hardware or software which is missing power Macintosh G4/350 megahertz(MHz) or faster"

Somebody help me out with such issue ? I have recently purchased a new Mac pro ?

I require some help to you all ! I got a new system with the configuration with G5 Dual Core 2 Ghz tower with 2.5 GB of RAM. I have installed FCP 4 and when I used to run it then it provide me the error message as follows : Hardware Missing AGP Graphics Card. I tried with some software update to resolve the issues but after all nothing like that as a solution ? It is not possible currently to install FCP 5 because I am running with so many machines that all have four on them and it is not possible to upgrade currently ! do you have any suggestion .....
    Last edited by Zangali; 28-05-2010 at 02:21 PM.

If you are getting the same error then you have to first follow the procedures given above for the other poster who questioned about the same. That is going on because the G5 Dual Core Macs configured to the latest PCI express specs so there is actually is no AGP Graphics Card! I am so sorry for anything that from what I know only FCP5 will be compatible on the latest G5 Dual Core Macs.

I begin the installation of game , it find via the first disc and the Sounds 1 disk, and then after it got arise with the issue on Sounds disc 2. So I used to install that again, and currently it got completed the execution of disc 1 and queried me to insert Sounds disc 1 , but it the first disc is ejecting form the tray, and when I went to forcefully eject that, it identify that the current programs is running with the disc and process is running yet . Before the installation procedure, I executed the DiskWarrior to rebuild the directory and then rebuilt authentication from a clone of the system.

I think, there is no any issues with your game or disk that you are using. According to your description, you are running with the worst system and you have to check the computer stability ? You should contact the manufacturer or go to the manufacture store if you are running with the installation issue .The discs or the drive may need replacement.