Thread: How to Clean 24" Cinema Display Screen

How to Clean 24" Cinema Display Screen

I have been using an apple cinema display with my computer since last six months and now it seems the borders of the screen are covered by dusts and a lot of dusts also seems to be gathered within the display please tell me how can i Clean 24" Cinema Display Screen. Please suggest some suitable options to achieve this .

Re: How to Clean 24" Cinema Display Screen

I would recommend using a simple solution of alcohol to clean an LCD screen. This solution is composed of one part distilled water and 1 part 50% isopropyl alcohol. Be careful that the isopropyl alcohol is flammable. Never spray any liquid directly on the LCD. Gently wipe the screen from top to bottom and allow it to dry. Be careful not to let the liquid fall from the sides of the monitor. Also be sure not to press hard on the LCD screen. You can permanently damage an LCD screen by pressing on it too hard.

Do not use isopropyl alcohol on the LCD panel open. Use only a damp, soft, lint-free cloth or a cleaning product like iKlear LCD.

Use a soft, damp, lint-free cloth. It is also safe to apply 70% isopropyl alcohol or iKlear to parts of the housing.

Carefully remove surface dirt by hand before using the cleaner and cloth. After cleaning, dry the plastic with a soft, lint-free cloth.

If you have a soft cloth then you can simply clean the display . Remember to turn off the power cord and also remove it from the socket. Sometimes even though the power is turned off then also the device is turned on. Simply wipe the screen with the soft cloth gently. Be careful not to wipe the screen hardly.

No matter where an LCD screen is located, will always need cleaning from time to time. Cleaning an LCD screen may seem a difficult task, but there are some easy ways to clean without damaging or marking the surface. There are many cleaning solutions to LCD screens in stores. Buy one of them and get it cleaned with the help of a cotton cloth.

Apple Mac products may consist of different materials, in some cases every product can have different needs cleaning, which may depend on the piece you're cleaning. when you are going to clean the apple cinema display 24 inches i would suggest you to use a cotton cloth and do it smoothly and calmly.A slight extra force can even damage the display screen.

Its always good to call the company people whenever you are looking out to do such jobs. Since they are trained in this matter hope that they will do the job perfectly. It is not advisable to do such things on your own which invlove so much of risk i think that you should call the company people and get your display cleaned.

After looking at my display in certain daylight conditions and the screen displaying black I have noticed (on closer inspection) that the internal white dust mentioned in the initial question is starting to accumulate along the bottom of the screen and starting to form a spray up from the lower left corner.

Has this been noticed by anybody else?