Thread: Is 400w Corsair sufficient for HD 4850?

Is 400w Corsair sufficient for HD 4850?

I recently got this PSU. And I am inquisitive if it has sufficient juice to work my 4850, and OCd E4700, 2 hard drives, and numerous fans. It has 30A on the +12v, but I am wondering if this than be able to actually cut it. It is additional than adequate. I would run 4850 CrossFire, and an OCed quad on that. Here are whole system power expenditure figures for two power hungry cards.

Re: Is 400w Corsair sufficient for HD 4850?

It be supposed to be extremely well, it is an excellence 400w. Not certain if you would in addition over clock it then though you believe it be able to handle it, but having your rig folding 24/7 might be additional than that corsair be able to sustain. You guess they determine to observe, you are going to try it out. You have no issues and your psu merely has 5 additional amps on the 12v rail. Be supposed to be extremely well even for folding.

Well, it determines to almost certainly run for the same time as. You would highly recommend upgrading it with moreover an Antec Earthwatts 430w [/b or [b] Corsair 450w. The difficulty with 98%+ of these no name ultra cheap PSUs is that they method in excess of inflate their capabilities and utilize extremely cheap components. The PSU is something you by no means desire to skimp on as when a cheap one fails, there is a high possibility that it determine to surge voltage into your system and kill additional components.

I play BF2 on med settings at 1024X768 or 800X600 no trouble. No meltdown or detonation yet. Yes that Corsair 400CX would be sufficient for that setup. GPU wise, as extended as that prospect video card uses regarding the similar amount of power as a HD 5770 (approximately 105W), you determine to be set. Essentially if you maintain the CPU as is (meaning do not unlock it) and do not add several additional hard drives, you be able to probably go as high as the HD 5850 with that PSU. But the HD 5770 power range is the max I would individually go with that PSU. I am working on my ZOTAC 8800GT AMP version on a 380 Watt PSU if that helps out. I work an MSI R4670 in a Dell Dim E510 Pent D-805, 2 GB RAM, and additional HD on a 305W PSU without troubles.

I almost certainly do plan to, but not in the predictable prospect, so that is why I am extremely well with the 400w at present as opposed to getting a superior one at present to save down the line. Save currently. But I am still worried regarding the cable management. Are the cables that long on the corsair. Well you are going to get the case and PSU in a small number of days time. So you be able to observe for yourself whether or not that cables are too extended. Keep in mind that the statement "too long" is a bit slanted as it depends on the size of the case, the person's capability to cable administer, the case's capability to let you cable manage, etc.

I say too extended for the reason that somebody said the cables were longer than standard. And reviews on the case said the cable administration is meh, and that full size PSUs power have problem. But the people who said that stated that they athletic the cables moreover behind the optical drive bay or somewhere else, so I believe it determine to be extremely well. I would rather try and fit a superior PSU than get one that I am familiar with fits pleasant, but quality is lower.

The reasons to utilize the Thermalright TR430. You have an older system that is significant on 3.3v/5v such as an Athlon XP or Pentium III and necessitate an innovative power supply. You previously are using one and are not having several problems, and are not doing several video card upgrades to your apparatus. The reasons to not utilize the Thermalright TR430. Low +12v output of 18A is not appropriate for modern systems unless your video card does not utilize additional 6 or 8 pin PCIe power plugs. Low 65% competence at the same time as additional modern units are 80+ certified. You necessitate an innovative power supply for a modern system (Core 2 Duo, Athlon 64, etc.).