Thread: Good Capture Card for Macbook.

Good Capture Card for Macbook.

I am not really sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but anyway, I am looking for a good, affordable capture card that is compatible with Mac, of course, so I was wondering if anyone one could know everything. My intentions are to use it to record sequences of video games for making good film. Please suggest me good Capture Card for Macbook.

Re: Good Capture Card for Macbook.

You must use TubeStick Hybrid for your Macbook pro. TubeStick hybrid combines both digital and analog television in a white, chic, and simplistic design. The USB TV receiver from equinux can receive free-to-Air HDTV, digital (QAM) and analog cable television (NTSC) channels. The included adapter cable allows you to connect your Mac to analog video sources, like camcorders over S-video and Composite.

As per my knowledge you have to use EyeTV Hybrid for your Macbook pro. Superbly engineered and supremely versatile, EyeTV Hybrid delivers free-to-view digital television to your Mac via aerial (DVB-T, also known as DTT or Freeview) and cable (DVB-C), as well as analogue television via cable and aerial. With EyeTV Hybrid, you can also tune in to local FM radio on your Mac.

Pinnacle™ Video Capture is the best for Macbook. A fast, simple way to transfer analog video from a camcorder or any other source to your Mac® in an iPod®-native format. Macintosh® video capture has never been so easy.
    You can record video from any analog source, including a camcorder, set-top box, game console or VCR. The hardware MPEG-4 encoder frees up your Mac’s processor for other tasks.

Just because some equipment on a "video" does not mean it is NTSC compatible. It could be something very exclusive. High-speed motion analysis equipment is often that way. If it is NTSC compatible, most camcorders have DVmini is a video of ability and / or a direct analog converter, the RCA connection with IEEE 1394, commonly known as "FireWire". You can also get a stand-alone box to perform the conversion. Canopus makes a great called "ADVC-110

I am conscious of Elegato EyeTV 250 , it is not HD. The total of 250 composite and S-video. Neither HD inputs. Even if it had component input, it does not matter because the component input does not have the ability to capture HD component. They said very clearly on this page if it did, but it is not there.

Use one of the following Capture Card for Macbook.
    1. TubeStick Hybrid
    2. EyeTV Hybrid
    3. Pinnacle Video Capture