Thread: Graphic card not working on PCIe 2.0 recent drivers

Graphic card not working on PCIe 2.0 recent drivers

I do not know why graphic card not working on PCIe 2.0 recent driver? You can check the status through GPU-Z, that is under the Bus interface. Similar result can also be observed for Sandra and HWiNFO32. For your information before you give any reply:
    1. This is affecting most of the X38 and X48 boards and few of the Pxx and X58 boards
    2. This is not because of the power saving on the affected board.
    3. If need you can test and take the GPU-Z’s reading which is under the load.

Re: Graphic card not working on PCIe 2.0 recent drivers

You can try for older drivers for checking if it is really driver related or not. May be there can be any other problem such as the card is not fixed properly in the mother board slot, or may there is a problem in BIOS setting or the any other hardware problem. You can test if it is not the result of the power saving feature.

I also facing this similar problem, I realized one day that the GPU-Z and even Nvidia system information and the other related application are also start behaving in the same manner. Hence I have quite extensive testing and then come out with much the similar results as the person above. I really need the solution for this problem.

I have also checked out the 186.18 drivers and the GPU-Z that shows the PCI 2.0, but the latest drivers make it PCI-e 1.1, but I do not what I am trying to find out. I am also on the X38 chipset is that the problem. One more thing this is not the only problem with the GPU-z , if you try to play Wolf2MP then there you will face the same problem.

I totally agree with you if look like that mostly related to X38 and X48 motherboards. Apparently even the Intel X38/X48 boards is also having the problem at one time, and also BIOS update cannot resolve the problem. We can just hope Nvidia realize the problem and provide the solution to resolve this problem.