Thread: unable to get any downloaded games to work

unable to get any downloaded games to work

Just bought a new Dell desktop XPS 8100 with a geforce 310 video card. 4 g of memory and ethernet gigabit card.(not sure why it wouldnt have wireless).. I downloaded spade club poker and absolute poker. When I go to play a tournament the table I am on just freezes up. After a minute or two it will come active but then freeze again. It also does it with a few other online sites. I can run the flash versions ok. It seems something like a video issue. Dells support is horrible.. they have me running around in circles going from software to hardware and back again. The sites told me to disable firewalls and virus scanners.. I have mcafee and completed disabled it and it still happens. They also said to try running straight off my modem since i have a router. I did that and it still happens. I have a lenovo laptop with wireless and windows 7 that doesnt have any issues.

Any help at all would be great.

Re: unable to get any downloaded games to work

Did you install the latest version of driver for your graphic card? You can get it from here. Note that it is for Windows 7 64 bit version, so if you have the 64 bit OS then install it. If you have the 32 bit OS then do a search for the driver on the same site. Also first uninstall any video drivers already installed and then install the latest one's.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

you gave me a sony avaio .. I have a DEll

Here's a nvidia driver for you - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

First select the product type that is Geforce, then select Product Series that is Geforce 300 series, then select you desired operating system and lastly language and then do a search. You will come across the driver for your card.

doesnt work says hardware found in the machine doesnt match or something. I got live support on nvidia and they said I had to get the driver from Dell.. Not sure what to do at this point, Dell is no help they said I have the latest driver..

I would suggest you to flash the motherboard with the latest update. You may the be able to get the things to work well. So perform and then install the latest driver for the graphic card. You may get to a better conclusion then.