Thread: Catalyst Control Center won't start

Catalyst Control Center won't start

Hi everyone! So I've read a lot of forums with people having these problems but I can't fix the issue.

I try to open CCC and then the circle mouse icon shows up briefly and nothing happens. Nothing appears. No errors. I was observing the task manager while I was trying to open it and it seems (under the processes list) ccc opens for a split second then closes. I can't be sure what the problem may be. It's a brand new computer (literally got it 3 days ago) and I decided to install the newest drivers on it (in this case I got the 10.4 version of CCC). Honestly I'm not sure what is going on. Being new to Windows 7 probably doesn't help either (my previous computer used Vista). I've also tried reinstalling the drivers over and over again.

Anyways, here is my system info that may be relevant:
    CPU: Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.2 Ghz
    Ram: 9GB DDR3
    GPU: ATI 5970HD 2GB

Thanks!

Re: Catalyst Control Center won't start

I think you also need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 which is the minimum requirement for the Catalyst Control Center, so download it from here. First, uninstall the drivers completely, then install .NET Framework 3.5 and then install the latest Ati drivers for your card. Incase if you still get the error, then try to install some old Ati Drivers. By the way which Windows 7 system you are using, is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Because drivers for both the versions differ so choose wisely.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

hey! thanks for the reply! i just installed the 4.0 version of .net (i thought the latest one was 3.5 but i guess apparently not since i went to the website). i'll do the uninstall and install for all the ati stuff.

by the way, they don't actually have drivers specifically for the 5970... their options are "5xxx, 5870, ..." so i take it i'll just choose "5xxx". if not i'll just do a clean restart for the computer. i don't lose much since the computer is only 3 days old (i only got to install a few games and MS office).

oh and i'm on the 64 bit version of Windows 7.

thanks for the help! i'll let you know how it turns out later tonight maybe!

hey! so I uninstalled CCC through the control panel and just re-installed it from the download on the amd/ati website (v10.4). works fine now! thanks!