Thread: Watercooling Help

Watercooling Help

Hi all,
    Can anybody please provide me a set up that is capable of cooling 2 or 3 gtx 480's or 2 dual CPU gtx 4xx's along with an (maybe two) i7 920 @ 4ghz all for
    my latest build also I might require 2 CPU blocks as I might found new EVGA dual CPU motherboard. So is something here powerful enough that can do as I think about ???

Thanks

Re: Watercooling Help

Concept of thumb is a 120mm rad according to the component. However, that's the bare low. A stock i7 would be just better with a 120 rad, however when its overclocked, the i7 can give very hot.

For your CPU/CPU's I will suggest you to go for this block. For your CPU radiator, I would suggest you a 240 for single CPU and 360 for dual CPU's.For your GPU's, once again, the Fermi runs hot. According to me, a full cover block (DangerDen has one coming out as well as Inno3D). For your radiator, at 240 for single, 360/480 for 2-3, and 480 for four.

But for your pump, take the MPC355 with the XSPC res top (x2 if you need, but one should be fine). In case of tubing, 1/2" or 7/16" if you dont have more space in current situation. For radiator, it depends on that. If you desired from extreme performance without any regard to noise, the Black Ice GTX rads are the good (again, you require powerful and loud fans that are best than 25mm thick).

If you are really thinking about the SR2 board. I would first adjust on a custom case that will house the monster prior to even thinking about mapping out watercooling. As getting something to adjust the motherboard as well as a compete watercooled resolution for main items is going to be a complex task. At least I am supposing that you are not moving to be "open air." As you told that you are wanting to spend that you will for sure. I am considering that something along the lines of an $1,000+ Ascension style custom tower, and that's being generous. Associate water-cooling plus where you told that you were moving with components that you already in the 5K plus range, without power, fittings, fans, wrap, washers and many more. Final build cost estimate. 7-9 thousand US to complete the perfect job.

As on another site, someone suggested that you need to go for the Mountain Mods in this scenario but According to me, The SR-2 is only compatible with the Xeon 5600 and 5500 Processors and the Mountain Mods that you are talking about is the only for I know of that can adjust this board.

I would suggest you for 2 loops for this adjustment. 1 black ice SR1 360/420 on the CPU's/MB blocks and 1 black ice SR1 480/560 for tri SLI 480's or Dual SR1 360/420s for quad SLI 480's in different loops. +1 for the EK HF complete copper edition(nickel plated) or Koolance cpu-360 and you could just purchase the EVGA hydrocopper 480s with the blocks on them to have proper timing time and cost or test the Koolance GPU blocks that will be available on the 8th.

I don't think , you need for any dual loop as suggested Mr. Appy . This should can completely be performed with a single loop. The only problem id that I foresee would be pumping power (based on how secured way the blocks he selects are). An advance pump will resolve that right up though. If you are having some headache about water temps rising, staggering your radiators throughout the loop will be much helpful for you. Try this and tell me the result

you are unable to run two i7's with a single machine, they lack the advance QPI link to work with two CPU's in a machine, as indicated earlier that you are going to require to run xeons in a server motherboard or the EVGA categorized board that accepts two XEONs and supports SLI.

If you must have two CPU's and 3 gtx 480's, then it would be better to do it in two different loops. If you are moving for Overclocking the xeons, you need ideally a 480mm radiator for that, and for three gtx 480's... I would give you some advice that as several radiators as you can, I wouldn't be glad with anything that minimum than two 360 mm rads but I like to overclock components upto the maximum that they can take.