Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-05-2010

Strange GT 240 Problem

Hi users,

Recently, I ordered a GeForce GT 240 in expectation of Mass Effect 2. From the first week or so, there were no troubles with the card. It would run very well. However, after another week, I started to take in that my computer was opening experience stop errors a great deal. It will take place one to three times a day. Strangely, I don't feel it's because of issue with approaching the card too hard. Please suggest, What wrong with my card. Any idea??
Old 15-05-2010

Strange GT 240 Problem

You are not receiving stop error's with heavy 3D but you are with normal desktop. I think about that how they get their power supplies is with a very minimal system + a sure percent but then if you pop in a few box fan's another hard drive so on and after that take in conclusion does a 375 watt psu actually put out 375 watt and if so for how long? and no it don't really sound like a psu problem it's just one more thing to keep in mind when you upgrade.
Old 15-05-2010

Strange GT 240 Problem

I suggest you that you need to uninstall the drivers from device manager and Nvidia software from programs and features. Follow the steps:
1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
2. After that click System and Maintenance, click System and then click Device Manager.
3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
3. You can find in Device Manager, locate graphics card, right-click and then click Uninstall it.
4.If you are not capable to locate it, then go to view and select " show hidden devices" .
5.When you are provoked to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.
6.Then restart the computer. After the computer restarts.
Old 15-05-2010

Re: Strange GT 240 Problem

I tried to resolve the issue by remove all startup programs and it works. You need to check before throw the card out the window, I resolute to move the card into the PCI(x4) slot in its place of the PCIe2 (x16) slot it had been. Astonishingly it installed appropriately and is now working. I haven't tried whatever thing mainly taxing yet on the card so I don't know if the decline in bandwidth will cause issues.
Old 15-05-2010

Strange GT 240 Problem

If your a gamer than yes you will need the new drivers. Not that the 5200 can support most new games, if you want them to run with minimal errors than get the latest and greatest. 90% of driver updates are to fix issues or add new functionality to older cards. The other 10% is game support. If you notice each time a major game or a new graphics card hits the market a new driver is released.
Old 17-05-2010

Strange GT 240 Problem

I find that not all new drivers are good drivers. I'd say 60% of the Nvidia 70.XX drivers cause a lot of problems with a few games that reason people to roll back to previous versions or use the optimized versions you can get from 3rd parties. If you are in hesitation, check your games for support drivers.
Old 18-05-2010

Strange GT 240 Problem

Even though an older card, the X850 is more influential than the X1300 and X1600 cards, which were intended to be mid-range cards. You can also check the video card's BIOS and the motherboard BIOS. If you found any issue . Please reply.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,