Thread: Dell Nvidia Go 7900 GS - Blue Lines, White Dots

Dell Nvidia Go 7900 GS - Blue Lines, White Dots

Hi everybody,

I am using dell laptop and that have Nvidia Go 7900 GS graphic cards. I am seeing a series of cluttered white dots on my laptop monitor, I am not to sure what caused it. It has nothing to do with the settings since they look like ugly; so I'm not sure what it is. Please suggest.

Those would be dead pixels. Pixels can die out for a figure of reasons, LCD screen pushed on, burned out. I do not know if here is a technique to put back the single pixels that are dead. My recommendation would be to just save the annoy of trying to fix it and sell the monitor on eBay. Then go away out and buy a new monitor. All the best.

They are almost certainly what is known as dead pixels. They typically become visible from the beginning are just defects in the display. There is not anything you can do with them, most LCD displays have at least 1, they can be white, black, or colored (red, green or blue). If they alter position then there is impressive else wrong, but if they are for all time in the same place and always there just try to disregard it as the only solution is to replace the display panel and that's not very cost effective.

If the monitor isn't the cause, the video card would be the after that thing to look at, especially since you said that the problem moreover goes away or change when you lope in safe mode. In safe mode, Windows use its typical VGA driver in its place of the video card's own driver, so what you described would make sense. You may want to try another video card if you can to discard a hardware fault in that area.

You need to check the two things to this that i can see in my experience either:
    1. May be your video memory is broke, this causes vertical lines and artifact on screen that have you tried another monitor, perhaps normal CRT monitor?
    2. The interface among the LCD itself and the control board is miss-aligned or still damaged in some way.

I faced similar problem myself recently, I establish that increasing the airflow to my case helped. I in essence just put a average desk fan pointing in the direction of my PC to check this theory before I went out and bought a new case/fans. This control work for you, too, if your PC is in an air-restricted spot.

You have some kind of DAC output problem. I've seen people with that problem but I can't remember anyone resolving it. The few instance I've seen have been bad hardware. It's almost certainly worth examination that your power supply voltages are okay. But if the artifact is on output somewhat than in the video RAM itself. Since it happens in safe mode it has not anything to do with drivers. The only software which could influence it would be the video card's BIOS and the motherboard BIOS. You could flash those but I doubt it would have any result. It's perhaps worth the effort to try the video card in a new computer just to prove that the problems go with the video card rather than anything else.