Thread: Display driver stopped responding and has recoverd

Display driver stopped responding and has recoverd

Hi everybody,

My recent dell netbooks often stop the screen display (drag the mouse on the desktop not shown). Recover if there is such a message "display driver stopped working and have recovered". Recent never be restored, direct black screen crashes, the issue soon after the restart will occur (less than 10 minutes), strong post-clearance to enter Safe Mode no problem. My card is nvidia's GeForce 8400, memory 2GB. Please suggest me how to solve the problem.

I will advised to Add or Remove Programs in the graphics driver to uninstall and then re-download GeForce 8400 driver. And install, restart can be installed. In addition, I suggest you install the card machine. You may go to the website graphics brands corresponding model and operating system driver, another playing the game if you use too powerful graphics card, and if you did a poor job cooling the machine, similar to the dialog box will pop up.

The first thing to do is install the driver. But also points the order to install the driver. General first install the motherboard chipset drivers installed, the system bus such as PCI-Express was driven up; the second driver to install accessories that card; then is the motherboard driver installation and other related accessories. You can see, graphics driver behind priority and importance of the motherboard chipset. However, the same as the application will crash, the driver will crash! For such low-level drivers for the consequences of abnormal, perhaps taken for granted you will see the old faces - "Blue." So careful.

I will give you the better option for resolve this issue. Concrete steps in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ GraphicsDrivers" add name "TdrLevel" the DWORD value, key value to "0"; if this user 780G integrated motherboard, then can try to refresh the graphics card BIOS; if is an independent graphics card, especially for graphics cards were overclocked, or using a public version of Single radiator, you can try FurMark test stability - just to test mode (Run Mode) from the "Benchmarking" to "Stability Test "and with the GPU-Z GPU this software to monitor the temperature. If the GPU more than the maximum temperature of 80 degrees Celsius, you should consider improving the cooling conditions.

The operating system will return to normal graphics stack, memory management component to clear all memory on the graphics stack. WDDM driver resets the GPU hardware state before making a final motion graphics stack and restore the desktop nad also the graphic card drivers.

Driver from the HP website, you should identify the computer in the NVIDIA video chipset / card, to ensure download the correct driver. To confirm that the information on the chip set, follow these steps.
    1. Click"Beginning" 、"Help and Support" , Then click "My HP Computer" 。
    2. Click "Installed Hardware" , And then view "Video Card" The following list of models.

This error occurs because the computer is currently using outdated video driver can not compatible with Windows Vista, the latest update. Every few months, you should check for updates to ensure that the system could meet the highest operating efficiency.