Thread: GeForce GT 130m overheating

GeForce GT 130m overheating

Hello everyone,
    I am facing the problem of overheating with the NVIDIA GeForce 130M GT. I went for this card because it offers maximum realism and fast-paced action for players who ask for something more to your laptop. Now everything is fine till I play some game like World of Warcraft (WOW). As soon as I launch WoW, then the temperature rises up to 60° C after a 15 minutes and then system gets rebooted automatically. I have downloaded Everest and the temperature is normal while surfing an Internet and Watching Videos (apprx. 38° C). So, please suggest me something to fix this issue.!!

Re: GeForce GT 130m overheating

This can be a temperature problem in the GPU. Thing we often do not notice, since we do not think. Otherwise, you can be a safety at the motherboard, which says that when you exceed a certain temperature, the computer goes into safety. Check the BIOS. You might have a problem with overheating your CPU. To find out, you can use different software, I advice RivaTuner or ATITool, discoverable on the Internet. Hope that you will find an exact temperature from it.

I would like to suggest you to buy a fan for laptop. You can get that in any computer store. Installing an additional fan will definitely reduce the temperature by 10° C. Also before doing all this major changes you should do a good defrag and also use the ccleaner. Many times such issues gets solved by using these methods. If you want ccleaner, you will get here. http://www.techarena.in/download/sys...r-portable.htm

You should go for the Enermax Aeolus Cooling Pad which is the good Cooling device that will help to keep the temperature low of your laptop. With its 250 mm fan diameter, the cooling system Aeolus Cooling Pad CP001-B maximizes heat dissipation of your notebook, thus lowering the temperature of the processor, memory chips and hard drives. Consistent with models of a screen size 12 "to 17" (including off). Also I would like to tell that you should try another applications like RivaTuner or ATITool as said by 'Imdra', to check your temperature.!! If that is not helping then you definitely can go for the Cooling device.

Even i would like to suggest you to use the Enermax Aeolus Cooling Pad because of its following features :
    • Compatible with notebooks 12 "to 17"
    • Large 250mm fan for maximum heat dissipation
    • Manual control fan speed
    • Attractive design with 5 LEDs deactivated
    • Aluminum frame with steel elements
    • Ergonomic design for comfortable typing and a low pressure on the wrists
    • 4 'anti-scratch
    • USB powered

Hello

So here the last few days, I have a big problem at stake. I throw a party, everything happens for the best, and then suddenly after 10/20 minutes the game slowed up a longhorn and turn it left until the end of the game which suddenly solve always a failure because it prevents me from playing altogether!! A reboot of the game and / or the PC does not solve anything! 1 Ips to reconnect! I play for several months now and I never had any problems just like before!!! Is this because of overheating..??

By following steps there are chances that your problem may get fixed :
    1. Disassemble your laptop (unless under warranty), disassemble the cooling system and then remove the PC.
    2. Clean your fan and the rad with solvent.
    3. Clean as the cores of the processor and graphics card and chipset if there is contact with the cooler.
    4. Buy good heatsink.
    5. Put the heat on any pat cores (graphics card, CPU, Chipset) (no more than 1mm) and then reassemble.
    6. If the temperature drops, so too must change the cooler.

I think i found the solution to this. It is silly, but it worked for me ( and continues to work ) . You would THINK tech support would come up with this but, if you go to Control Panel --> Nvidia Control Panel --> Global settings set MULTI-DISPLAY/MIXED-GPU ACCELERATION to COMPATIBILITY PERFORMANCE MODE When i was looking though these settings mine was set to multiple display performance mode.

I did this, and I cranked the graphics to WoW waaay up, and duel boxed it for 6+ hours with no power off issues, and now ive been running it the same way again for 6 + more hours, no power off issues.

Hope this helps you guys out too! GL!"