Thread: Realtek sound driver problem on AMD Motherboard

Realtek sound driver problem on AMD Motherboard

Hello,
    I have an KN9S amd socket am2 Motherboard. A few days before I had formatted the complete machine with Windows XP service pack 3. But the problem is that I am facing a problem of audio drivers , no sound in my system now. I also tried installing the motherboard drivers , but still facing the problem. When I boot into my operating system I install the audio drivers and the sound is on but when I reboot the system there is no sound. if you have any solution for this then please let me know. Thank your for your help.

Re: Realtek sound driver problem on AMD Motherboard

Hello,
    If you will specify all the hardware and software that your using then it would be easy to detect the problem. I think you will need to check manually all the configuration of the model of the PSU. If I am not wrong then realtek drivers are so for the good audio drivers provided by the company. I guess you are not using the older version of the chip-set drivers, because that might cause a problem.

Hello,
    Ok, now do now use any other drivers that are not provided by the company, I mean to say that the product you are using. Now you will need to completely clean all the drivers from you system, for doing this you will need to use the program drive sweeper or CC cleaner. Both are good software and you can use any one of them. Just install the application and re install the drivers. Reboot the computer and your problem will be solved.

Hello,
    I am on knoppix install on a partition on my hdd of my laptop. It recognized them all except the sound card and video, so I look for drivers for the ATI card. But for the sound card Realtek AC'97 Audio there are no drivers provided for linux. If you know where can I find the audio drivers and how to fix the problem then it would be great.

Hello,
    If you are under linux operating system, then I do not thing that you will require drivers for it. Your mixer, you well be the sound for your mic? (Aumix, kmix or more basic, alsamixer). What is the application that you are using? Look in the bin folder that the sound card is recognized. Also, you can do an system check and see if the audio drivers which are default in the system are working.

If your speakers do not work, how do you know when the driver is installed? Do not it will be wise to start by solving the pb front speakers to record sound? if only you can control what you do?

I have a problem but when I search the multimedia audio drivers in the computer, I can not find them, but a point exlamation box displays next to multimedia audio and it does not work and I load the new version or operating systems has from cd it does not work although I reformat the computer and every time I forgot to finish loading the computer shuts itself, and always there. My card is a realtek ac97? Help me with this.