Thread: GTX 260 crashing (black screen & color patterns)

GTX 260 crashing (black screen & color patterns)

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7. I have also installed XFX GTX 260 Black Edition graphic card. The problem is with the screen. A sudden black screen caused by a cutoff of video and sometimes the system do not respond. It crashes. i have also installed Rivatuner. I have no idea what could have caused it. I have upgraded the drivers for the video card still the same problem. Please help. Thank you.

Re: GTX 260 crashing (black screen & color patterns)

It would be better that you overclock your graphic card. This will surely help you in sorting the issue well for you. It is essential and necessary that you look out for the thing and make the certain ailments to be implemented. So do check out for the thing and make the possible implementation to be worked. I hope this will help you well.

I will suggest you to uninstall the Rivatuner that you have installed. It may be that the application been installed is causing such issue. So in order to get the things to be sorted well it is necessary that you work out well for the same. All you need to do is to remove the driver and then check out for the new fresh drivers for the graphic card you install. I hope this may work.

Contact the XFX. You may then be able to get the issue to be sorted. The manufacturer will make the things to work well for you if the issue is with the graphic card and is under warranty then could be serviced well with no charge. I personally think that this is the best option for you to make the ailments to be fulfilled well. Hope you may then sort the issue accordingly.

I will suggest you to install the application or the driver that is required under compatibility mode. All you need to do is to right click on the installer file and then make it install under compatibility mode for Windows XP. I hope this will then help you well to get the issue to be sorted. So do check out for the thing and make the necessary ailments to be fulfilled.

Try to install the driver under safe mode option. i hope this may help you out well for getting the things to work. As safe mode option do not have much of the embedded features and hence you can make the things to work well accordingly. Do look out by processing the required steps. You will get to a better conclusion then.