Thread: GT 325M under Linux

GT 325M under Linux

Hi all,
    It's been a while since I travel the forum without finding solution. I bought a new PC recently. First SLR: I took out my live CD of Ubuntu 9.10 and I insert it directly into the computer. The start of the live-CD is only spent nickel main menu I came across a black screen permanently. So no way to go further in the installation GT 325M under Linux. In my research, I noticed that other people had the same graphics card had the same problem. On the nVidia site, there is not even the beta drivers for linux for this graphics card on their forum and they say they do not even have a deadline for the release of a beta. I was wondering if anyone had managed to install Ubuntu on a computer that the same graphics card as me. I am having doubt that is Ubuntu 10.04 will be the problem.?? Please help me soon.!!

Re: GT 325M under Linux

My notebook is an Asus X64J so it's normal to have a graphics card for notebooks and I am sure and certain that I have a GeForce 325M GT. To remove the live CD I have to hold the power to force him to go out because as I am black screen with live CD, I do not know anything. Without live-CD, I boot on windows as it is installed on it.

Apparently Ubuntu 10.4 Beta 2 can boot Ubuntu using the integrated chipset from Intel, but does not handle the nVIDIA graphics card. The 4.10 Beta 2 works but only with the integrated graphics from Intel. Xorg.conf lspci and see and list the nvidia chipset (without the version of bios for that matter!) And this card does not work. Apparently, the problem of hybrid graphics cards is not yet solved but I managed to turn Windows 7! It is a great step forward anyway!!!

I confirm! It's not a racing machine! Launchpad, are 2 or 3 post on the hybrid maps. This is being resolved but it is not done yet. I contacted ASUS, NVIDIA and UBUNTU. A prior, from ASUS that the pilot was not developed by NVIDIA. There remains two walkthroughs: dual boot for gamers mad or a restricted mode (no install of NVIDIA drivers) yet on 10.04.

So you have to wait until the problem is resolved and hybrid card so that their NVIDIA proprietary driver for linux for this graphics card. I hope it will not take too long, I want to use my full Ubuntu PC. I flashed my bios and made an upgrade to 4.10 RC. updates properly made, but still no NVIDIA Active! Be patient a little while! Also you should know that only in "Supported Products" the map does not exist.