Thread: Catalyst install hang/crash on Windows 7?

Catalyst install hang/crash on Windows 7?

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7. The problem is with installation of ATI drivers under the system. Whenever I try to perform the action it says Enumerating source media for installable packages" or "populating list". I have no idea what could have been causing this. Please do help me out. It would be a great help. Thank you.

Re: Catalyst install hang/crash on Windows 7?

All you need to do is to follow the required steps as given below:

• Remove all the installed drivers that is been present. Use driver sweep to sort the issue.
    • Then get the latest 8.1 catalyst beta driver for Windows 7.
    • Now install the pack
    • When it gets installed change the default directorey and install it under new directory.
    • Extract it under the same.
    • This will help.

There can be issue with the driver that you are using. So do check out for the associated driver that you are using. i hope this may then help you out to get the issue to be sorted and make the essential steps to be taken. In order to sort the thing do look out for the same. I hope you may then be able to process and work with the drivers. Do check out.

I guess the issue could be related to the version of the operating system you use. Under 32bit it works fine and get installed well. So in order to sort the thing check out for the compatible mode and you may then be able to sort the issue well. So do look out by following the steps mentioned in the 2nd post. That may also help you to process accordingly well.

Try to install the application under compatibility mode. I hope you may then be able to work well with the same. All you need to do is to right click on the installer.exe file and then install it under compatibility mode for Windows XP. I hope you may then be able to work well with the system and then perform accordingly.

Perform a clean boot service and then look out for the change that has to be implemented. You may need to check out for the same and get the things to be performed correctly. It is essential ad very much necessary that the application supports with the system that you use. So all you need to do is to type msconfig in the search box and hit enter. Then choose Hide all Microsoft services and make it disable. Restart the system.