Thread: HD 5850 with dual monitors

HD 5850 with dual monitors

Hi all,

I am using asus computer system with HD 5850 graphic card. I am a gaming expert and playing games on it, but now i connect my system to another monitor that will easy to play game with two monoters. I mean dual monitors. Is it possible with HD 5850. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

First of all, you must display interface in a two-headed video card, this card is now more common, for example: NVIDIA Introduces called "TwinView" technology GeForce2 MX / GeForce 3/GeForce 4/GeForce FX series graphics cards, ATi launched called "HydraVision" technology, Radeon VE/7x00/8x00/9x00 series, Matrox has introduced called "DualHead" technology G400/G450/G550/Parhelia (Magic Day) series graphics cards. But now there are many cards in order to reduce costs, we introduced a simplified version of more of these cards, will shield the second display output.

HD 5850 graphics card in the company early on for the first time introduced the concept of dual display, and then have to import graphics, including G450/550 Series DualHead technology. Dual Head technology mainly supports four dual display modes: two-headed multi-display mode (Dual Head Multi-Display), double-headed screen clone mode (DualHead Clone), double-headed DVDMax mode (DualHead DVDMax Mode) and double-headed zoom mode (DualHead Zoom ). Of course, users can cancel at any time and headed back to the single-display mode and display mode.

You need to boot Windows after installing the latest version of this graphics card drivers. If HD 5850 graphics card, you can install the latest version of the public version of the driver If you are using the well known brand of graphics card is recommended to install the graphics card manufacturers release drivers, of course, the public version of the driver can choose. Check and reply.

If you are using a separate type of AGP card, and you want to continue to play the old PCI video card heat, so they can fulfill dual display output. AGP graphics card is usually set to the main display, But you'd better enter the CMOS Setup program, confirmed that "Advanced Chipset Features" menu, which the "Init Display First" is set to "AGP".

The computer is connected to dual display is not complicated, first of all the hardware you will need two monitors, and install two graphics cards (two PCI cards, or PCI / AGP cards one each) or use graphics card with dual display capabilities, such as ATI The RADEON series graphics card support "HydraView dual display" to prepare the hardware, the installation of dual monitor.