Thread: Dual Monitor Flickering with ATI 5870

Dual Monitor Flickering with ATI 5870

I have connected dual monitors on my computer system and have seen that the 2nd monitor glitches. I have seen on some forum that 2d clocks could be messing there so i just changed it from the CCC profile and that issue got even more worst. I am using Ati Radeon 5870 on my windows visa system.
    I would waiting for the perfect solution, Thanks in advance.

Re: Dual Monitor Flickering with ATI 5870

This seems to be the driver problem which you have installed on your windows vista operating system. Actually you need to download the latest drivers for your vista system and specially for your ATI Radeon card. You can find it on an official web site of ATI but make sure that you are installing the driver according to the version of your windows os as if it is a 32 bit version or 64 bit version then you must get the driver according to it. Or it might happen that it does not works.

it might also happen that you have installed the perfect driver but as there would be duplicate drivers on your vista system, Both will be interfering with each other and no one would be helping your system to give a proper output. I suggest you to reinstall the drivers of your vista. Latest one is 9.12 drivers which you get from "amd.com".

I guess there could be something wrong with the cable connection which you have done for the Dual Monitor setup on your system. Actually i have seen that many cables does not supports for the dual monitor support because of which your Monitor may gets affected. I would suggest you to give all the informations about your set up.

You should use an Msi Afterburner which can boost up your graphic cards performance. After using this software i have seen many may flickering problems getting sorted out. I guess this must be solution for your flickering problem on monitor as if it is not getting solved bu this then you may have to check with the hardwares.

I have installed windows 7 64-Bit and have connected 2 monitors to it. When i try to overclock my XFX ATi 5770 Egg V2 with that of an ATI overdrive which is included in Catalyst 9.12. Even if i use only an aero then also second mode clocks would be ridiculously low and gives tearing on the screen.
    Can anybody tell me the reason for how this second clock goes this much down?