Thread: Samsung PN42C450 - Opinions?

Samsung PN42C450 - Opinions?

I have just viewed this panel while surfing on the net and I was wonder anybody has really seen this Samsung PN42C450 or have the experience to share on this. Basically I am a gamer and I have clear idea that the plasma TV are not great for the gaming purpose, the price point of view is just not sane. I would like to know what are burn in risk on the latest manufactured plasma TV. If you have any suggestion or Opinions related to Samsung PN42C450 then please reply.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Samsung PN42C450 - Opinions?

Well if you are a gamer then I surely I will not recommend you to go the plasma TV.

But if you need this for any other purpose then it should be your first choice. The risk factor for the burn in on the images is much significant. But if you want to take the risk then the decision is yours. You can buy that thing can use it for any purpose. Finally I just need to say that it is not good for gaming purpose.

Buying the plasma TV for playing game is just an insane decision. It is difficult for me to qualify the scenarios, But most of the driving games are having static RPM indicator, as Guitar hero have the Rock Meter, and many other games have the similar scenario and this will definitely going to affect the game play. Last year's model that was suggested not more than five percent static images per viewing time each week.

Well, according to me going for the plasma TV just for playing game is not a good decision since the it does not provide that kind of quality for game but you use certain tricks to overcome that.

You can try to drop your brightness, contrast and other settings to a lower level compared to the normal level.
    You can also try to delay image retention for temporary and the actual burn in for permanent.
    But this is only useful if you are using the plasma TV only for the purpose of games.

I have recently bought PN42C450 TV and connected it with my Samsung BDP-1600 and also with the latest Samsung HT-Z320. Till now I am really impressed with the performance of all the three component s I am using. I normally use PN42C450 TV for watching movies and the normal programs.
    But I also connect it with my laptop for working on the bigger screen. Now the thing I want to know that at this point I should concern about burn in with or not. I will be waiting for the related replies.

Burn-in is sometimes also referred to as hot-lasting image, the effect is after-image on your plasma or other phosphor-based screen of the still image is displayed for a longer period. The most common type of burn-in is a result of follow-up 4:03 video with black bars on both sides on a 16:9 screen. Other examples of burn-in may include a 2.35:1 film on the screen 16:9 (black bars above and below), non-transparent channel logos, solid parts used screen, such as Teletext or weather display, video and computer games, logos and menu, or even paused DVD or DVD title menu.

If you are worried about the burn in then you can take the following steps for preventing it.

Screen calibration: It is difficult to overestimate the importance of this step. Most TVs come from trade with the brightness and contrast set way too high to show good in the display room. Get the AVIA or DVE (Digital Video Essentials) DVD, and you have a nicely calibrated set in less than 15 minutes.

Do not watch any 4:3 or 2.35:1 content within the first 100 hours of operation: Most damage to the brand-new plasma from inexperienced users. Plasmas are the most susceptible to burn-in during the first 100 hours, and much more resistant to burn-in after 1000 hours of operation.

leosmith678 Guest

I have this Television . Its really royal and very good. The Samsung PN42C450 Plasma television features a high-contrast picture packed with the brightest whites, deepest darks and rich colors. The views are very clear from all the angle. It is very comfortable to eyes. Its all features very nice.