Thread: Mac Mini/Samsung UN55B7000 compatibility

Mac Mini/Samsung UN55B7000 compatibility

I bought a Mac Mini through that I can be able to surf the internet using Samsung 7000 monitor. I connected everything with proper manner.Everything is going fine when fired up. When I open my email account, it was there without any issues. It was a good display on the screen. After attempting to increase the image size, The black screen appears with a message that this is an incompatible signal. I am unable to display anything since. Obviously with no display, this computer hookup is dead in the water.Any help would be appreciated ? Thanks

Before going for any troubleshoot, let me know what are the configurations that you have changed since the connection. Means the resolution settings,did you change it to, and find out TV can be able to support it?

There are some of the operating Systems have the option of changing back automatically after 15 seconds if currently configured resolution unable to work and no keyboard input is provided. I don't think , there is any issue with your Mini mac, it is related to the resolution incompatibility...

Initially, when I installed the monitor,it was already configured at 1280x720 and i think this the default configuration for resolution and it going continuous with the same configuration. The Mini supports 1080 on down. The reason that makes it so odd is that the Mini fired up just well and then when we dropped down on the Mini resolution, Black screen appeared. The wrong section is that the Samsung is the "monitor". So, if it is black, I am screen less and unable to get any changes on the Mini. I checked the web and considered that this Samsung will support to Mini.

The common and accepted resolution is listed as 1920x1080 @60Hz, and may support some but I don't think for all resolutions. It will be compatible with the HDMI and PC inputs.

Is there any options to go back to the earlier configurations without having to use a monitor? The only description that I can make is to use another monitor and configure the setting back to the optimum resolution, or use a monitor to test which resolutions comes into work.

I want, I had a perfect solution, but apparently once the resolution changes, that's that. One option to try is to use Windows within the system (if you have it) to reconfigure the settings, because it will provide a 15 second revert if you do not click "YES" to the "Would you like to change back to the previous setting" prompt.

There are some support URL provided on the Apple's official site that indicates the require for a dual-link DVI adaptor to run maximum resolutions, though above 1920x1200. A single DVI link should cope with the TV's native resolution, given by the frequency is not configured above 60Hz. If you are suffering with this issue again, it may be possible to resolve it without using secondary monitor

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2213?viewlocale=en_US

VGA cables can be taken up quite cheaply, though maybe you require another adaptor for the Mini Mac.