Thread: Samsung LNT-4665F Power up issues- Clicking noise

Samsung LNT-4665F Power up issues- Clicking noise

Hello there, I have a recently bought a Samsung LNT-4665F LCD TV which worked exceptionally well for few days but now the TV has started giving some random problems. The TV clicks many times when it has to be started for the first time. It clicks about 10 times before it starts. I cannot figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your advice. So if anybody is facing similar Samsung LNT-4665F Power up issues - Clicking noise then please share some information which might help me in solving this issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Samsung LNT-4665F Power up issues- Clicking noise

First check the power cord which you are using. It is possible that the power cord which is used to connect the TV to the AC source is faulty due to which the TV is not getting enough power to start. The TV panel should get the exact value of voltage inorder to power up. Hence change the supply/power cord of the TV and see if the problem is solved or not.

As the TV is new I would suggest that you contact the customer support of Samsung and get the TV checked. It is possible that the TV is having some internal hardware failure due to which the TV is not starting. Hence get the TV checked by some technicians and if there is some hardware failure then get it replaced as soon as possible. If it is a major failure, you will get the whole TV set replaced.

I think the problem which you are facing is due to the improper functioning of power board of the TV. Power board of the TV is responsible for providing the correct voltage level to the LCD panel. Hence if the power board of the TV is not working properly then the LCD will face different power issues. Therefore get the power board of the TV replaced with a new one and see if the problem persists. Replacing the power board will solve the problem hopefully.

You will have to get the SMPS of the TV replaced to bring it back to working state. I was also facing the same problem with the Samsung LCD TV which I was using. The TV used to click many times before it finally started. I got the LCD checked by the technician at the service center who told the problem was with the transistor present in the SMPS of the TV. After changing the SMPS, now the TV works fine. So get the SMPS of the TV replaced and see if the problem persists or not.

The proper operation of the TV is dependent on the Firmware of the TV. Firmware is the software which helps in proper working of the TV. If the firmware of the TV gets corrupt, the TV will not work properly. Therefore I would suggest you to download the latest firmware which is available for the TV and install it on the TV. After installing latest firmware, check if the TV is working properly.

Thanks for replying to the thread really fast. I tried all the solutions to solve the problem but nothing helped. Finally I updated the firmware of the TV and now the TV is working without any problems. The TV does not click any more when powering on and there is no lag or jitter in picture display.