Thread: Samsung LN-T5271F problem: intermittent horizontal jittery bars

Samsung LN-T5271F problem: intermittent horizontal jittery bars

Hello there, I have a Samsung LN-T5271F LCD TV which I have been using for 2 years now. The TV worked fine but now whenever the TV is turned on the screen appears to be divided into parts and the picture performance is also jittery during the initial time. Once the TV warms up then screen gets clear and the problem does not appear till the TV is restarted. Therefore if anybody else is facing similar Samsung LN-T5271F problem : intermittent horizontal jittery bars then please share some information which might help me in solving this issue.

Re: Samsung LN-T5271F problem: intermittent horizontal jittery bars

I would suggest that you take the TV to the nearest service center and get the TV checked by some technician. The TV which you are using is quite old and hence I think it needs to be serviced. There is a high possibility that the problem which you are facing is due to some hardware failure and hence the faulty hardware needs to be replaced. Get the TV checked and get the faulty hardware replaced.

Check the cable which you are using to connect the TV to the video signal. The performance of the HD TV highly depends on the cables which are used to connect the source signal to the TV. If the cables are not proper then the signal will not be coupled properly to the TV which will lead to Jitter in the picture and delay in sound. Change the connecting cable of the TV and then check the performance of the TV.

If the set top box or the DVR which is providing the video signal to the TV is facing some problems then the TV will display pictures with jitter. It is possible that there is some moisture accumulation near the Set top box or the DVR which is effecting its performance. Hence get the DVR or Set top box checked by some technician and get it replaced if it is found faulty.

Have you changed the refresh rate of the TV? If yes then it could be the reason behind your problem. Check the refresh rate of the TV and set it to normal rate which you were using before. Changing the refresh rate of the TV will cause such problem. You can refer the user manual of the TV to get the steps required for changing the refresh rate. If changing the refresh rate does not help then you can change the type of input to the TV and check if the Jitter continues. Changing the refresh rate or the input will solve the problem.

I was facing the same problem with the same model of the TV. The picture display of the TV was very jittery. I contacted the service center and got the TV checked. After thoroughly checking the TV, the technician found out some capacitors were faulty and replaced it. After replacing the capacitors of the TV, the problem was solved. Hence I will suggest that you get the TV checked and repaired by the Samsung service technicians.

The proper operation of the TV is dependent on the proper working of the firmware of the TV. I think the firmware of the TV is not working properly and hence it is needed to be updated. Download the latest firmware for the model of the TV which you are using and then check the performance of the TV. After updating the firmware of the TV will solve the problem.