Thread: HP w2338h display doesn't fill screen

HP w2338h display doesn't fill screen

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows Vista operating system. I have updated the Radeon HD 4600 series video card driver and now the display doesn't fill the screen. I have no idea what could be the reason that has caused the same. So in order to make the issue please help me out. Hope to get a better solution.

Re: HP w2338h display doesn't fill screen

The problem that you are facing is due to the driver that you have installed to the system. You need to check out that the driver that is been installed is proper and has no issues with the same. So in order to get the things work down well for you need to use another driver application. It may then help to get the screen to work well for you.

You can perform the same that is by reinstalling the application or the driver that is been installed. You need to remove the existing one by going to the control panel option and then to the add/remove program option. Now select the desired application and then click on remove button. This may help you out well for sorting the issue. I hope you may get to a better conclusion. Do work out.

There is a possibility that the application or the driver that you have installed may have some compatibility issue so in order to get the application to work out for you it is essential that you process the same by installing the driver under compatibility mode for Windows Xp by right clicking on the installer.exe file. This may allow the screen to be proper then.

Try to install the compatible tools from the official site of HP. Click on the link that will allow you to get the issue to be sorted and get the drivers that support according to the operating system. So make the things to work out well for you. I hope this may make the problem to be solved. Do look out for the things.

Another way to which you can make the problem to be sorted you need to check out for the issue and then implement the solution from ATI Control Panel, there should be a tab dealing with HDMI (or TV) in which there is a scaling option. Quite often, video drivers will automatically underscan the video on HDMI by about 7% to make up for TV's that usually overscan. Find that option and move the slider to 0%.