Thread: HP p6310f won't recognize PCI-E video card

HP p6310f won't recognize PCI-E video card

Hello friends,
    I am using a Compaq desktop from very long time with the Windows Vista operating system. It has a HP p6310f monitor, that is showing an unusual problem with the video card since I have upgraded to Windows 7. So, basically HP p6310f won't recognize PCI-E video card. I do not know what to do in this situation, as I am new to this operating system. Kindly provide some help as soon as possible.

An incompatibility problem

The HP p6310f won't recognize PCI-E video card seems to be an incompatibility problem to me. This situation is being encountered because there are conflicts between the video card and operating system. To know about which components are compatible and incompatible with the operating system, you just have to run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your computer.

Re: HP p6310f won't recognize PCI-E video card

Check if the BIOS is able to detect the card or not. If yes, then the HP p6310f won't recognize PCI-E video card can be solved easily. If not, then it is better that you call your computer engineer, I am not able to understand what is exactly causing the problem. The engineer will able to look in to the matter by himself and thus, get a proper knowledge about the issue.

A driver issue

Hello there,
    According to me, the HP p6310f won't recognize PCI-E video card because of a driver issue. If the proper and compatible drivers for the card with respect to the operating system are not installed, then such problems are seen to be encountered. So, install the correct drivers can only solve the problem.
    All the best..........

Re: HP p6310f won't recognize PCI-E video card

I was facing a similar problem of HP p6310f won't recognize PCI-E video card in my system. I have solved this issue by starting the computer in the safe mode. This option can be found on pressing F8, that is before the operating system loads. I think that Windows 7 is blocking the video card and hence, it is not able to work directly. Try out using the safe mode and let me know if the issue is solved or not.