Thread: GT220 installation problem

GT220 installation problem

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate operating system with 1 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. It is a Compaq desktop and having a GT220 installation problem. I am not able to understand why I am not able to do the installation. The older graphic card that I was using worked fine with Windows Vista. After doing an upgradation of the operating system to Windows 7, the graphics of the system seemed to be very bad because of which I am trying to get a new GT220 graphics card into my system. Kindly help me as to why I am not able to install this card.

Conflicts of the graphics card with the operating system

It seems that there are some conflicts of the graphics card with the operating system because of which you are facing the GT220 installation problem. Just run the hardware and software evaluation wizard and let me know which all components of your system and compatible and incompatible with the operating system. After that, I can suggest you the proper solutions for the same.

Incompatibility with the Compaq motherboard

I was facing a similar GT220 installation problem in my system and the main cause of the issue was due to the incompatibility with the Compaq motherboard. So, I think that you cannot work with this particular graphic card in your system. There is no need to worry about that because you can there are many other alternatives available for the same, that will be compatible with your system.

The safe mode

Try out to eradicate GT220 installation problem by booting into the safe mode. You will get an option to get into this mode when the computer is started. You will have to press F8 for this menu. I think that the operating system is blocking the installation from starting. In the safe mode, there will be no such block and hopefully the installation will start.
    Just let me know if the problem is solved or not.

Run as Administrator

If the GT220 installation problem is being caused because the operating system is blocking it, then the Run as Administrator option will help you in such a situation. This is not any sort of incompatibility issue, but may be caused because there are many security options in the Windows 7 operating system. So, you will have to go to the setup file and right-click on the icon of the program and then use the above mentioned option.

The compatibility mode

Have you tried using the compatibility mode, inorder to get rid of the GT220 installation problem. This can be done with the help of the "troubleshoot compatibility". There, the recommended settings for the Windows XP mode or the Windows Vista mode are provided. You can use those modes and make that particular graphics card to work with the Windows 7 operating system.