Thread: HP w2408h monitor volume window pops up unexpectedly

HP w2408h monitor volume window pops up unexpectedly

I have been using an HP w2408 monitor since last one year. Even though i do not use its speakers the volume control menu pops out unexpectedly. I cannot close it since it is popping out from the monitor.
    Because monitor's button do not respond to when i try to close it. after sometime it disappears automatically.

Re: HP w2408h monitor volume window pops up unexpectedly

It appears to me as your monitor control buttons have been damaged and hence the menu and volume controls are popping out . So i would suggest you to get your monitor repaired by a hardware guy. Tell him to change the volume and display control buttons. I hope that this will definitely solve this issue.

In this situation the best possible option which you have is to change the previously installed drivers with an updated one. You can get the new drivers from the official website of the monitor manufacturer. Uninstall the existing drivers from the device manager and then reinstall the drivers once again to resolve this issue.

Sounds like it is a hardware problem so it would be better if you call the Hp tech support. Tell them what's your problem they can solve it by giving you telephonic instructions if they fail then you will get it repaired by the hardware experts or the hp may also replace your HP monitor. Hope this helps.

Most of the monitors have a warranty period for about three years that's why i am assuming that your laptop is still in the warranty period. A lot of users face this problem In order to get rid of this problem you will have to call the customer support and since your monitor is till in the warranty period you will get it repaired free of cost.