Thread: Dell Mini 9 external display freezes in Ubuntu

Dell Mini 9 external display freezes in Ubuntu

Hello,
    On my Dell Mini 9 I installed Ubuntu and when i try to run the display freezes. Also I have a problem with power management? Sometimes even gnome freezes. So, if you have any ideas about this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell Mini 9 external display freezes in Ubuntu

Hello,
    Regarding the management of energy, I have not seen any problems can be 10-15 minutes of battery less but I have a little more than 3:30 is enough for me. I've never had Freeze, since I've installed more than 15 days. When I play with the screen, it goes off and it turns back on when I open it. nothing to report from this side, it may be a matter of parametrization.

Hello,
    I saw the test in Planet Linux and it seemed satisfactory. Yet I bought a Toshiba Netbook which is very good. The only mistake Toshiba , registration key black with blue, autonomy is correct, but less important than my Samsung netbook with XP. For cons for 249 euros, the Netbook Toshiba has a 80GB drive but only 512 MB of RAM. The record Toshiba indicates that there is little to put a barrette 1GB. In my case 512MB is enough for me now. The only criticism I would make is that if you have autonomy with the Atom Intel, I think it's slow compared to the Celeron my little ASUS EEE PC 701 (512MB too).

display problem in ubuntu on dell mini 9

Hello,
    I ordered the dell mini 9 for a few days ago and I had some pleasant surprises in the config to a PC ubuntu:

- Webcam 0.3 or 1.3;
    - SSD 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB;
    - 1GB or 2GB RAM,

short, more mini9 border between Windows and Ubuntu, I will even say, the version ubuntu has nothing to envy to the windows version

I chose the following config:
    no webcam (no need ...)
    no bluetooth
    4GB SSD (why bigger is so much more profitable to take Parallel 16GB SDHC card ...)
    2GB RAM (for virtualization)
    red hood (Ben. .. I love the red )
    I chose this PC for its size and light weight, autonomy acceptable, its price affordable and the level of customization dell. I intend to use it to surf the web, keep in touch and movement, and develop a little. (Since we talk of development, can I find an equivalent of C + + wxdev ubuntu?)

Hello,
    4g SSD, when I would have even taken 8gb. There had already Users who planted their mini parceuqu'il nor had enough room (although you will face attention to the apt-get clean regularly). 2GB RAM, no worries. The kernel was originally delivered to a limited 900M, but it has been updated. wxdev for, you can try with wine but hey, the mini9 has a screen too small to make a dev IDE.