Thread: Samsung Plasma TV Picture Issues

Samsung Plasma TV Picture Issues

Hi,
    I am using a Samsung Plasma TV some time before. Now there is some issue in the TV. The first is that the pictures which on the My PDP TV looks like a hourglass. That does not change at all. I need here some help in performing a self diagnosis test. The other issue on my TV is that when I connect my DVD player, I am not able to see the video, but on the same the audio is working. The image is also not proper here

Re: Samsung Plasma TV Picture Issues

If the picture on the PDP TV looks like a hourglass than that simply means that you will need to send the TV to service. You can perform a self diagnosis test to figure out more issues in your TV. The procedure for that is easy. First turn the TV on and then go in the Menu via your remote. Use the arrow keys to go in Support and select it. Then in the sub menu on the left side you can see Self Diagnosis option. There you are just run in it.

Yes try a Self Diagnosis Test and you can discover more usual problems in your PC. By default the Self Diagnosis test is set on Picture Test. Select that and then you can choose the option of yes or no from the screen to run the test. You can press the up and down arrow keys to find out more issues in your TV and then simply follow the onscreen instructions.

If you are getting a audio sound and not video on that then are three possibilities for that. The first is the connection issue which happens mainly due to improper installation or else the cable is bad. The other is that the audio device and TV has a connection failure issue. For this you have to checkout the video output settings from your device. The third reason for the same is damaged internal part.

Usually in Samsung TV's you get an error message on your screen which shows you a message that Check signal cable or Not Support mode something like that. For this you have to go to the section of NoVideo/Error Message from the main menu and then follow the screen instructions. Checkout all the cables of your DVD player and try to replace the same.

You can prevent burn in screen on your TV. This is called as The Pixel Shift which is a screen burn prevention technology. Here the The Pixel Shift allows you to set the picture as per your need in vertical and horizontal direction. You can also set time settings for image settings. For this go to Menu > Picture > Picture Options > Screen burn protection > Pixel Shift. And then choose the same. Here you have turn the same on and then you can use the wheel to move the picture screen.