Thread: GeForce GTX 260 + NvStrap Driver

GeForce GTX 260 + NvStrap Driver

Hi,
    I have a GeForce GTX 260 graphic support on my pc. I need some help in finding out that does NvStrap Driver work with this card. I am unable to locate this feature in my system. In Rivatuner the tab is not shown here. I had heard that there is a need of NvStrap drivers. Where to download the same and how to use it on the gpu. Also my windows some time freezes while overclocking via Rivatuner.

Re: GeForce GTX 260 + NvStrap Driver

Yes, I am too having the simiar issue. I have a 9600 GT Nvidia card support on my PC. I had upgraded that by replacing hte 6800 XT 8X AGP card. In the last one 6800 XT the NvStrap option was missing in Rivatuner. But the same works right now with 9600 GT. This looks like some kind of driver issue related to Rivatuner and the graphic card support.

At the first time I will recommend you to have look in the help option of RivaTuner. This is will give you an understanding of various option in Rivatuner. Like overclocking, settings, etc. You can then reset the start up overclocking setup. This will reset the settings of RivaTuner. For this just press the reset button on the system and keep it press for some time.

For NvStrap driver issue the answer usually depends on the operating system which you are using right now. Like for Windows XP you will need to checkout all the relevant settings in the NvStrap driver configuration panel. You can just click on the customization button on the main screen and the choosing the customize low level system in order to activate the low level system tweaks.

In RivaTuner there is a bundle of Dos drivers which is used for Windows 9x based PC. You can get the same from the official site of NvStrap. You can download the autoexec.bat file and then configure the same via command line switches. If this driver is not in your system then the tab stays grayed out. Just visit the officials site for further information.

If you are using Windows XP then only you can see NvStrap. Because it does not work for higher versions. The other thing is that you can check for NvStrap.sys driver file in your system. If this is available then the option remains grayed out. The NvStrap.sys file must be located in the NvStrap folder of Rivatune tools. Just checkout once there. For using this you need a Nvidia GeForce 256 or higher card.