Thread: [177.82] DVI -> HDMI + analog audio, but no sound

[177.82] DVI -> HDMI + analog audio, but no sound

I am currently running the system with the nVidia GeForce 9600 GT which i have to the Samsung with the help of the DVI to HDMI connector. as my TV is not having any support for the SPDIF which help to send the audio via HDMI so i have bought a jack which is having the stereo RCA cable. TV did not allow the choose the audio input and automatically select the analog stereo input and i am unable to play sound on the same. So let me know about [177.82] DVI -> HDMI + analog audio, but no sound. Thank you.

Re: [177.82] DVI -> HDMI + analog audio, but no sound

As per my knowledge the DVI to HDMI converter is not having the support for playing the sound. This feature is not available in nVidia graphic card but if you are going through the ATI then it is possible for you to make the same setting available for you. So i think this is the reason why you are not getting the sound.

Have you properly checked the connection of your device which might be creating issue for playing the sound on the same. I am having the same issue and not getting the sound. After showing lots of effort one of my friend suggested me to check for the connection. I have perform the same and the issue got resolve. So asking you to perform the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Leader View Post
    Have you properly checked the connection of your device which might be creating issue for playing the sound on the same. I am having the same issue and not getting the sound. After showing lots of effort one of my friend suggested me to check for the connection. I have perform the same and the issue got resolve. So asking you to perform the same.
    Done with that but no help. I have checked all the connection for the same but let me tell you that after going through the same the issue related to the problem of mine is not yet resolved. So advice me some more trick.

I have gone through the same and let me tell you that this is the issue related to the EDID. So to get rid of the issue you have to capture the EDID bin from your TV and after doing the same just patch the same and have to tweak to the xorg.conf which will let your TV receive a non audio flagged HDMI signal as well as allow you to switch to analog input. So try the same and see whether it is working or not.

Quote Originally Posted by goatape View Post
    I have gone through the same and let me tell you that this is the issue related to the EDID. So to get rid of the issue you have to capture the EDID bin from your TV and after doing the same just patch the same and have to tweak to the xorg.conf which will let your TV receive a non audio flagged HDMI signal as well as allow you to switch to analog input. So try the same and see whether it is working or not.
    Hey thanks a lot goatape as i have followed your instruction and get rid of the issue related to the DVI to HDMI which i was unable to resolve with the same. S