Thread: GTX 295 accelerated encoding with Premiere Pro CS4

GTX 295 accelerated encoding with Premiere Pro CS4

Hi,
    I am still stucked over the debate of choosing a 4870X2 in place of GTX 295. Here I am a regular user of Adobe Premier Pro and use the same primarily for video support and encoding. I am not sure weather my card support accelerated encoding with Premiere Pro CS4 in a much better way. I had working on the same for a while but does not sure about the audio video quality. It looks similar as old.

Re: GTX 295 accelerated encoding with Premiere Pro CS4

The GPU-accelerated video encoding is now a reality. This step was taken by the start up Elemental Technologies (ETI) and NVIDIA GPUs. The idea is to offer the most complex encoding speed multiplied by the power of many parallel stream processors integrated into the current graphics chips. Elemental therefore chose to develop on NVIDIA, through the CUDA API implemented by the brand of GPU.

Elemental has already released first H.264 encoder (MPEG4-AVC) GPU-accelerated. Software that takes the form of a plugin in Adobe Premiere Pro, and offers 700% encoding performance superior to that of a conventional codec supported by the CPU. ETI has also launched an SDK to implement the H.264 encoder Baseline Profile. Usually most the of cards support this.

The real breakthrough of ETI is here to provide H.264 encoding profiles Main and Baseline, which offer such a temporal compression based on a series of inter-frame predictive images that take into account those who follow the precedent, so to allow the exploitation of all possible compression codec. And all in high definition (1080p), up to 100 Mbps of throughput. So here you might to checkout the support on your support.

There is a plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro which will edit and encode H.264 high definition so much smoother and faster for the user, freeing the CPU load. The latter can then use the graphics card (or more G80, GeForce or Quadro), to work his videos. I am not sure about your model. These new software solutions RapidHD accelerated by GPUs is already available.

If you need help for audio support then you can use Nvidia's MediaShow Espresso an easy to use software to convert digital video to play on different portable devices like iPod, iPhone or PSP at very high speed with excellent quality. Support NVIDIA CUDA by Cyberlink means that treatment can be done by the GPU, allowing MediaShow Espresso convert videos in much less time and thus greatly reduce the time taken to convert a HD video to a portable media player.