Thread: No down clocking with 9600GT

No down clocking with 9600GT

I have bought a new 9600 GT with the driver 177.82 of 64 bit version. It shows that adaptive clocking is enabled in nvidia-settings. Now both the clocks are at max frequency that is memory as well as core clock but there is only one performance level. Is this a known issue, I hope that i would get the solution for this to set the frequencies?

Re: No down clocking with 9600GT

As you have not given any information about your computer that what operating system it has so it would be bit difficult to give you a proper solution but if you are using windows operating system on your computer then reboot your computer and dump BIOS using NibiTor. And mapped GPU BIOS are saved into System Memory by the nvclock and not from the GPU.

You have not given more information about your problem, I would like to see the nvclock timings readings at both the timings that is at idle state as well as while playing the 3D game which in fact stresses your GPU. Till data i have not seen any product which downclocks itself when it is not being used. I have GTX 285 and it does the same. So i think it is not possible to find out the solution for this problem on GPU's.

I have found something on one forum which could solve your problem of frequency adjustment for clock. Coolbits helps you to enable the driver-level frequency adjustment. Nvclock can do overclocking on its and it can also display the information about your graphic card. I have 9800 GT which uses the different performance levels but the fan is not adjusted according to the temperature instead of performance levels.

I think you should use the PowerMizer to control the clocking of your Nvidia Graphic card as NVIDIA PowerMizer technology is an intelligent power management solution available on all NVIDIA graphics processing units which helps to extend battery life and reduce wasted power and all this while providing performance on demand even while plugged in the wall. I have another series of GPU on my computer and it is automatically controlled by the PowerMizer.