Thread: Where are the GeForce GT 240 Linux drivers

Where are the GeForce GT 240 Linux drivers

I have the assembled desktop computer system which was having the Windows Vista operating system and now i have installed the Kubuntu operating system by removing the Windows Vista operating system, because it was not working properly. This desktop has the Nvidia GeForce GT240 graphic card. I want to know that where can i get the GeForce GT240 Linux drivers.

Re: Where are the GeForce GT 240 Linux drivers

You are having the desktop computer with the Windows Vista operating system and the Nvidia GeForce GT240 graphic card. Recently you have upgraded the operating system to the Kubuntu of this desktop computer system. You might be having the drivers disc which have the drivers compatible with the linux based operating system.

I think you should contact to the Nvidia for getting the drivers software of the Nvidia GeForce GT240 graphic card compatible with the Kubuntu operating system which is based on the Linux platform. They can only provide you the graphic card driver for the linux based operating systems, if the graphic card is supported by the linux operating systems.

You will have to go on the website of the nvidia and download the driver software for the Nvidia GeForce GT240 graphic card compatible with the Linux based operating system. The driver software will be also compatible with the Kubuntu operating system installed in the desktop computer system which you are having. So go ahead for it.

Yes, the driver software for the Nvidia GeForce GT240 graphic card for the linux based operating system is available on the Nvidia website. But make sure that you download the proper driver software according to the version of the Kubuntu operating system in your desktop meaning that 32 bit or 64 bit.Refer the link given below.
    http://www.nvidia.co.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in