Thread: Mobility Modder.NET V 1.2.1.0 and 10.1

Mobility Modder.NET V 1.2.1.0 and 10.1

Hello everybody,
    I want to install the latest driver for my graphics card (ati radeon mobility X1600). I'm going on and I trying to download the Drivers Ati Radeon Mobility version 10.1 WHQL. Before that I have managed to install 9.12 with no problems , while 10.1 keep failing to install. Could someone help me? Did anyone manage to mod 10.1 using Mobility Modder.NET and successfully install these drivers on any Mobility Radeon.?? Help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: Mobility Modder.NET V 1.2.1.0 and 10.1

You must download software (Mobility Modder.NET) from an Internet that will convert your drivers. AMD introduced the concept of Catalyst Mobility which is a generic driver decently that works for most laptops. The only way we are Able to do then this is permission-through by a laptop manufacturer (OEM) to include in the Catalyst their device Mobility. As for Vista specifically we do not have permissions yet, as soon as we order we do look forward to releasing Vista drivers for laptops. With the release of Windows Vista, Things Have Changed, an old mobility modder did not work correctly as many people on our forums reported, and we have created a new release made specifically for Windows Vista.

Try the following steps that might help you to fix your issue :
    1. Download MSXML 6.0 from Microsoft.
    2. Make sure UAC control in Vista IS Turned Off. or click the "disable UAC" in Mobility Modder.net - please note you MUST reboot after disabling UAC. If you do not want it Permanently disabled, you can turn it back on after mobility tool o Has finished, it will not end the mod drivers Correctly with UAC ON. (only for Windows Vista).
    3. Download the newest desktop drivers from www.ati.com. If you are using Windows XP make sure to download. Net framework from Microsoft.
    4. Run the Downloaded driver, let it extract Into c: / ATI / SUPPORT - aim cancel the installation the driver is Extracted.
    5. Run Mobility Modder - browse to the driver in C: ATI / SUPPORT / - an example of Catalyst 7.4 would Be C: \ ATI \ SUPPORT \ 7-4_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_44985 - hit modify. Wait Until driver IS modified.
    6. In Vista, go to C: \ ATI \ SUPPORT \ 7-4_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_44985 (Or whatever the driver installation folder Was Called), and run the SETUP.EXE. Please note you Might see a "Driver Is Not WHQL certified", ignore this, as It Is a side effect of the amendment.
    7. Wait Until Install is finished and reboot. Enjoy the new drivers!

Even I would suggest you to download software of Mobility Modder.NET which should be capable of converting your drivers. Then you launch the install of ati drivers, ranging in something that decompression c: / ati / support, then after decompression you quite the install. You Modder.NET Mobility installs, you run it you chose the drivers with the key "browse" then you click on modify and you have more than four restart the install of drivers by going into c: / ati / support / "folder" / setup.exe.

The Mobility Modder, it is called, is a tool developed through the Framework. NET 2.0 (part of Vista) and who intends to use the classic pilot dedicated to office machines then install on laptops. The new version 0.8.1.0 of the software provides the following improvements :
    • Improvements to software stability
    • Improved detection of MSXML 4.0
    • Added support for Windows XP XPRESS 200M
    • Fixed support for Windows XP X600SE
    • Corrections in the filters change.

Basically, the technique is to unpack the driver into the folder "ATI" traditional and then interrupt the installation. It then runs the Mobility Modder, it indicates the directory where the driver was unzipped and let the charm act. The program modifies the driver, and then you raise the setup.exe of the latter. The installation then recognizes the graphics card and installs what is the right place.