Thread: Nvidia GT220 for physx duties

Nvidia GT220 for physx duties

Hi guys, I have got a Radeon 5770 card at the instant and I am happy with my purchase. On the other hand I am irritated that I cannot take benefit of physx in today’s titles. I desire it the entire, fundamentally. My question is, would the GT220 512 meg card give decent presentation for a physx merely card. I have no idea. The thing is, I be able to get this card at a preposterously low price so I am trying to buy it if it works.

Re: Nvidia GT220 for physx duties

Yes it would run well, but a subsequent hand 9600GT and higher would be superior, IIRC more cuda cores = superior phsyx presentation with memory bandwidth not making a dissimilarity, you be able to get second hand 9 series cards for moderately cheap too, ur PSU determine to handle these fine as well The thing is, close by, the 9600gt cards are extensively additional expensive than the 220. I presently desire the ability to be capable to display physx without huge presentation penalties. But I am completely conscious that even the 9600gt is much faster than the 220gt. I in addition am conscious that Nvidia has it seems that blocked ATI users from using a hybrid explanation unless you utilize hacked drivers.

If you are going to utilize a card completely for physx. Ye s then it will work better. Immediately asking out of inquisitiveness. I am conscious that there are not boatloads of titles using physx where it actually stands out but I am certain additional and supplementary titles at present determine to have those characteristics. I in addition be familiar with that Nvidia is not going to modify.

The thing is, close by, the 9600gt cards are extensively additional luxurious than the 220. I immediately desire the capability to be capable to display physx without huge presentation penalties. But I am completely aware that even the 9600gt is much quicker than the 220gt. I in addition am conscious that Nvidia has it seems that blocked ATI users from using a hybrid explanation unless you use hacked drivers.

I utilize this card for physX merely, there is not numerous titles that utilize it actually well, Dark void is not a enormous game but a quantity of of the physX effects are actually impressive, Metro 2033 gets dynamic smoke and subdivision possessions when things blow up/get shot. The additional games are coming that come into view actually superior, if you be able to get a cheap card that determine to work then try it and observe what you imagine.

Yes I have a 9600GSO (96SP Version or you can say description), I do not have it in my rig at the instant as I am not certain if my PSU determine to handle it, but I used to have a GTX275 previous to my present card and the effects in games similar to Batman AA worked actually satisfactorily, to be honest I am not certain if a lot of games determine to utilize PhysX but get a card for it if itz not too luxurious. Yes you necessitate an additional full size pci-express slot, I am not certain how it would run with say a X4 slot, as I be familiar with you be able to get full size slots that are 4/8X.