Thread: Compatible fan for xFx 5770

Compatible fan for xFx 5770

OK right at present I have my fan speed at 40% and my temperature is 40 41C and I required to try out putting the fan speed at 100% to observe how much lower does my temperature go down and guess what it merely goes down to 39C I left it for approximately 5mins and still how be able to this be. I have a system with a XFX 5770, the difficulty I have been having is once in at the same time as it would cause my system screens to go black and freeze on me. I am working with windows 7 professional, an ocz550w PS, 4gb of ram, dual core e8400. It merely occurs when I work games similar to world of warcraft and the video card presently gets approximately 70c.

Re: Compatible fan for xFx 5770

The fan merely blows ambient air, well ambient air within your system. Do not be expectant too much from it at inactive. Load up furmark or an additional stress tester and observe what 100% does then. Creates an enormous dissimilarity. And if you have vista or 7. In which case hit alt-ctrl-del and open up task manager, be supposed to let you get back the desktop. But even still, it seems similar to an extremely high temp, mine tops @ 58C load OC'd. Came you verify what fan speed the card is using. I consider stock it would work at 30% the entire the time. If this is the case, you be able to download a program called rivatuner to physically set your fan speed higher.

I have got XFX 5770 1gb. My idle temperature is 41 degree which is excellent, I am familiar with but when it comes to stress, I get max 93 degrees. And that is I deduction not superior at the entire. I have come up with an idea of purchasing high end thermal grease. Do you guys imagine it would essentially help lower the temps. And I have in addition thought of replacing that unproductive stock cooler with something aftermarket. Be able to you recommend something. I have not seen numerous things that would essentially fit 5770. Between I have got 650wat psu, e4700@3.5ghz and my chassis is NZXT Tempest so chassis is not the trouble here.

This is a subsequent to market cooler but it has a repudiation that says "accessories might not completely fit on the card." This is the merely subsequent to market cooler I have seen, but then again I have merely looked on the arctic cooling website To omgitzfatal How would you be appropriate the thermal grease to the cooler previously on the 5770. I essentially have some MX-2 lieing approximately that was maintained to be used for my CPU cooler, but it previously had it applied.

It’s an XFX card, do not drag the cooler off or you lose your lifetime assurance, most horrible case the card impulsively dies from heat and they replace it for free. Physically augment the fan speed and you be supposed to be extremely well, often times it would not increase the entire the technique up to 100% without you setting it. You are working on your XFX 5770 fan at 50% and you cannot hear. You be able to set it at 55% but you get used to it subsequent to a minute or so.

Well, then providential me, I have previously took the cooler double. Increasing fan speed does help additional than 70-80 degrees on 100% is too elevated for such dreadful noise (my emptiness is additional quiet). And have I actually lost assurance on that card. That would be stupid of XFX, would not it. Anyway, I am trying to locate a cooler from msi 5770 hawk, guess in a month they determine to start to come into view and then I determine to replace it with that.