Thread: GTX 275 + dedicated physx

GTX 275 + dedicated physx

Hi,
    I have a Nvidia GTX 275 video card on my pc. I am using this for long time and I need some help on the physx support of this card. What is the compatibility status of the card in base of physx. I am not able to derived maximum resolution out of it. I think the card lies a bit weaker on the side of high end graphic support for new games. What you think for the same.

Re: GTX 275 + dedicated physx

In areas of compatibility, the NVidia GTX 275 supports 3-Way SLI , DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3, and interestingly it is not compatible with HDMI, so you need an internal adapter. It allows maximum resolution of 2560 × 1600 pixels per DVI, HDCP compatible with it themselves. The requirements of this graphics card is quite high. To begin with, took double slot inside the box, and then needs a power supply of 550 watts at least two additional 6-pin connectors directly from the source to the card.

This NVidia GeForce GTX 275 offers no major innovation. The same core GTX earlier, the same type of memory and power requirements for a card barbarians, while offering great power, has other models well above it. It seems that NVidia has been locked, and do not know how to continue the development of its products. Meanwhile, in close proximity ATi already have the first 40 nanometer GPU , a very clear and powerful trend compared to current GPUs.

Some of the supplies on which Nvidia becoming more and more attention are those arising from general computing capabilities of its graphics chips. Perhaps the most appealing to players, but for now not particularly short, is the creation of physics effects using the card hardware. This technology is known as the PhysX card supports all more or less current and the Nvidia GTX 275 could not be otherwise.

CUDA is a general computer system Nvidia, PhysX Cuda is derived from, and allows us to harness the immense potential of calculation of these cards to perform tasks before generalists processors for improved performance in special applications requiring intensive parallelism and floating point calculations. For now applications benefit most are those related to multimedia editing and video processing, or scientific applications, but gradually began to see more kinds of applications that take advantage of the impressive processing power of modern graphics cards.

With the idea of Fermi in each release of new NVIDIA cards. As promised EVGA for Halloween festivities (USA), have launched their GeForce GTX 275 PhysX Co-OP, consisting of a GTX 275 for handling graphics and a GTS 250 to handle PhysX. If they have already seen this card anywhere else, since the design of the card has been extracted from a 295 GTX and adapted by EVGA to support the two GPUs.