Thread: Radeon 5850 Cold Boot Issues

Radeon 5850 Cold Boot Issues

Hello everybody,
    I had problem with 5850, had very high overclock much voltage on the chipset, by relaxing the overclock the card as well showed that mistake, I had to lower the voltage of the chipset and the card that I leave to present that issue. Now I have not seen that problem, as I think it was driver problems since 9.11 I could not not try for a while I was with some beta drivers for the 5970 (it worked for 5850) and spent time with that now I have the 9.12 and I had no problems so far. But I want to know about the Radeon 5850 Cold Boot Issues.

Re: Radeon 5850 Cold Boot Issues

I think that each and every one of the solutions listed here have been tested by consumers without a general solution, the testimony of consumers in this community felt on this issue confirms what I've seen it in gringos forums (in the same forum for AMD), there are only isolated or temporary solutions, that is what one serves the other not, therefore I said that was a random problem, while it served relax the OC and Voltage. The source of power is the first thing that comes to mind but this proved that it is not the problem, since even changing the source the problem persists. The connectors are not the cause because it appears using HDMI, DVI, DVI to VGA, etc, everything points to an intrinsic problem of the card, hence my fear, and incidentally that of all ATI users, this is a hardware problem.

I do not think the motherboard or VGA, it may be more Ram memories, it almost always causes problems, and solved by removing the jumpers and relocating to and you do. Try the video card in another PC, and try your graphic card in yours and if it works, it can be the source of power, because the ATI 5850 to go well, you occupy one of 600watts. Try raising the PCI frequency but nothing, as usual, to save and reboot values passed as usual. At the end I think I will buy a plate and play a new CPU, for that matter. Try testing a more powerful source.

You can use other utilities, is the AMD GPU tool, which in fact better overclocking, but in my view, there is a bug in some cases makes the CATALYST Control Center, the highest default overclocking the card, why they occur problems. Unless you have left the error "gray lines" or gray lines, which 50% of the causes is a deficiency of the card. It is not DirectX 11 and Direct3D 11. Otherwise, this 5850 is really perfect, it finds itself deeply in my lap!

Nvidia has done, what is remarkable, the choice of offering early solutions for Linux. ATI not at all .. but it is no surprise, since there is not a commercial obligation, or even logic technology. Regarding support for older cards, two solutions. The first bear everything and make the drivers obese, and then skimming. The revolutionary technology ATI Eyefinity lets you expand your visual support up to three screens to immerse you in the heart of the action. Experience a computer game and immersive HD with this revolutionary multi-screen technology . The view "panoramic" innovative maximizes your field of vision with precision and clarity Stunning.