Thread: ATI Tray Tools Equivalent for NVidia Cards

ATI Tray Tools Equivalent for NVidia Cards

I have a extended expression ATI GPU fan and recently bought a Gainwards Blisss 7800GS + actually loved the ATI Tray Tools and cannot seem to locate anything with the similar set of characteristics such as screen shots and Hot Key settings. Have tried NV Tray and Riva Tuner. And, if I cannot get the ATItool straightened out, how do I utilize Furmark to determine a steady level of over clocking.

Re: ATI Tray Tools Equivalent for NVidia Cards

I be familiar with merely NVIDIA Tray Tools, but by no means tried it for the reason that I do not have NV board. You be able to inquire author of NVTray to add such alternative into his project. Well I added AltF12 hotkey in NVTray to obtain screen capture but it merely come into view to run for taking desktop screenshots. Possibly the enormous master of Tray Tools, Ray Adams, might present you with a number of tips.

I presuppose you author of NVTray, is not you. To obtain screenshots from games you necessitate integrating a number of parts of your submission into game rendering process. This is not simple job and determine to necessitate superior knowledge of low level (I mean assembler) programming. As I know you used C# for NVTray, so you necessitate in addition to create .dll file on pure C++ for this. The ATI Tray Tools has one hook dll (raphook.dll) which create ScreenShots, Displays FPS and OSD and in addition force Triple Buffer for game profiles.

The information in sequence that ATI Tray Tools is for ATI cards may clarify the troubles you are having in regards to your GTX260. The clocks are mechanically switched as required by the drivers or GPU. (ATI lets the drivers conclude which clock to utilize based on GPU demand) The Furmark stressed the GPU and IF unbalanced, determine to preferably demonstrate distortions or artifacts on the screen.

Letting a program position your clocks mechanically is foolish and hazardous; I cannot understand why programs even present this alternative. I would not dream of letting several of these proggies position your clocks. I merely utilize them to locate the "edge of the envelope" and then back off from there. ATItool runs immediately extremely well for finding the "edge" on your nVidia GTX260 and those settings I have selected run immediately extremely well. So much for the ATItool merely running for ATI cards statements completed earlier.

A much superior suggestion would be to go out and observe what others with the similar GPU are reaching on their clocks and set a focal point ground speed. This method you be able to be certain you are in safe grounds and you are able to push the card to its limit by gradual enlarge of clock speed. The Furmark is whacked. It locks up and freezes your computer way previous to several troubles found in ATItool and those ATItool tests have been "right on" as far as finding the "edge".