Thread: Brightness control disappeared with new LCD

Brightness control disappeared with new LCD

I have just installed a new LCD screen in a Dell Inspiron 1525. And there is some stuck with my screen If I start on the "lowest" brightness setting, and press the <Fn> + Up Arrow key, the brightness will cycle through all 8 steps to the "highest" brightness setting.

The complexity is that rather than the screen gradually getting brighter, it performs the mechanism from step to step:

Step 1 - dim, Step 2 - slightly brighter, Step 3 - slightly dimmer (same brightness as Step 1), Step 4 - much dimmer, Step 5 - slightly brighter, Step 6 - slightly dimmer, Step 7 - much brighter (this is the brightest setting), Step 8 - Slightly dimmer.

Even at Step 7 (the brightest setting) the screen is only half as bright as it should be. I also tried to use the back-light from the old LCD screen and still getting similar results.

First of all tell me which one operating system you are using right now and when it happened with you. There are so many users got the same complexity when they installed or upgrade the entire operating system or driver for display purpose.

Be sure that you have installed the proper driver of the display or not and if you are not getting any solution there then you can use to update the driver that can solve your problem.

Hello dude,

Have you tried to take the help of Thinkvantage Power Manager to adjust brightness using profiles? You need to think on the re installation of the power manager that can solve your issues with the management of brightness.

The power manager is one of the most useful Thinkvantage applications . You can tweak your battery charge cutoffs using it as well.

Thanks

It is not actually have anything to do with Dell, except in that their bios is needed for one and only screen on their list of components. This the same information is likely true for all Laptop manufacturer - it would be ridiculous to provide the information for entire listed thousands of screens available if your models only use 20 different ones.

The eBay outfit doesn't contain any "secret" fix, they just be sure to send Dell customers one of the needed Dell models. The most useful thing for us to have would be a list of the LCD models found in Dell laptops from the different screen maker ie: Samsung, LG, AU Optronics etc.

All of the guys whoever suffering from this issue, they can take the official help from the dell they will provide you the best of the solution what you needed to fix your problem. You need to contact with them and tell them your problem.

As a member of this forum, I can only give you a tutorial to manage and whatever you need manipulate that to find out the solution, you can ...This one is the tutorial to manage the Monitor : http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...s/controls.htm