Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

RivaTuner - can't enable hardware overclocking?

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 15-04-2010

RivaTuner - can't enable hardware overclocking?

Hello friends,

I am using Nvidia GeForce 6600 graphics card for my computer system. I have installed the RivaTuner in the way to manage the functionality of this graphics card. But I am not able to switch on the service known as 'Enable Driver-level hardware overclocking'. I have tried many thing but nothing was helpful. If you have any solution over this then please let me know that. I am waiting for your reply.

Old 15-04-2010

Re: RivaTuner - can't enable hardware overclocking?

RivaTuner is software freeware basically designed by Alexey Nicolaychuk for graphics cards NVIDIA Riva TNT, but along with limited support for cards ATI of 8500 and above. This allows to set various options at these maps (overclocking, Tweak Direct3D and OpenGLEtc ...). Processor overclocked can run more instructions per second, this reduces the execution time of some programs.
Old 15-04-2010

It sounds that you have not properly installed the RivaTuner. And because you are not able switch on the 'Driver-level hardware overclocking' utility. Thre is only on way to overcome this issue and it is to reinstall the RivaTuner on your system. After reinstallation of this, restart your system. I hope this solution will definitely solve your RivaTuner issue.
Old 15-04-2010

It seems that your computer might be virus infected. I also had the similar issue with my computer system. I also tried many method to enable hardware overclocking, but nor success. At that time one of my colleague suggested me to scan your system with updated antivirus. I did the same thing as he suggested. And surprisingly it solved all my issue related to the RivaTuner.
Old 15-04-2010

Have you tried following solution to sort out your RivaTuner issue?
  • Uninstall your current RivaTuner and install updated version of RivaTuner.
  • Scan your system with updated antivirus.
  • Reinstall your operating system.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,