Thread: Would like to run 1600 x 900 external monitor on Satellite with Intel 945GM chipset

Would like to run 1600 x 900 external monitor on Satellite with Intel 945GM chipset

I would like to run 1600 x 900 external monitor on Satellite with Intel 945GM chipset as i have purchased the 20 inch monitor and want to set the resolution upto the 1600 x 900 but unable to to do so as the choice for 1600 x 900 is not available in the same. So if you are having the solution for the same then let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Would like to run 1600 x 900 external monitor on Satellite with Intel 945GM chipset

As per my knowledge the video driver only shows the 3 to 4 display option. So if you are having the same issue with your driver then it is better to ask about the issue to the Toshiba only. If they are having the driver download for this then they will provide you the same so that you can run the desired resolution. Hope this will work.

Re: Would like to run 1600 x 900 external monitor on Satellite with Intel 945GM chipset

I am having one solution which might work with your issue. So try the same and let me know whether it is working for you or not. First download the latest driver for you device from the Toshiba Site. After that extract the file that you have downloaded and then look for the .inf file and then open it in text editor. Find the resolution and then add the resolution of your choice. Save the file and then run the setup.exe

Quote Originally Posted by David23 View Post
    I am having one solution which might work with your issue. So try the same and let me know whether it is working for you or not. First download the latest driver for you device from the Toshiba Site. After that extract the file that you have downloaded and then look for the .inf file and then open it in text editor. Find the resolution and then add the resolution of your choice. Save the file and then run the setup.exe
    I have tried the same but could not find any resolution line in the inf file so if possible the help me with the same.

Which driver you have downloaded so that you are unable to get the resolution in the .inf file? Any ways you can also download the file which i am giving you the link which will help you for the customization of the resolution in the Intel driver. So check out the Custom Resolutions on Intel Graphics and learn how to do the same.

Hey there if all above thing is not working for you then let me tell you that i am having the same problem with the Intel chipset and i did not find any solution of the same on Toshiba. So finally i have downloaded the driver from the Dell which work fine with mine. So if you can then try to download the driver from the below given link.
    Driver for Intel