Thread: GeForce 7600 problem?

question GeForce 7600 problem?

I have a home office desktop that runs XP (service pack 3); its core components include a GeForce 7600 card, 2 gb RAM, AMD dual core 2000mhz processor and am experiencing a range of display problems.

By means of background, a day ago I installed a new HDD, re-installed XP and the PC booted up fine. I did the usual display adjustments ito screen resolution and then loaded the all the basic drivers to get the new drive working e.g. I added the motherboard’s realtek drivers for on board sound and the Nvidia drivers that shipped with the gf7600 card.

On rebooting all worked fine … problem started once I decided to download and installed the latest Nvidia series 7000 drivers last night (105gb download).

On completing the latest driver installation and re-booting the machine, the screen display during windows start up is granular and the windows screen for password entry shows a clear delay between key strokes, once logged in the display flickers, goes black and comes back after a long delay with messed up icons, appears like something is hogging memory and slows down the machine totally.

Attempting to uninstall drivers is a problem as the windows open up with blank / black sections, dragging windows is close to impossible as everything happens on a delayed / staggered basis!

I am stumped and need help!

Re: GeForce 7600 problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Vee View Post
    ................… problem started once I decided to download and installed the latest Nvidia series 7000 drivers last night (105gb download).
    Have you downloaded the driver from the Official site i.e. nVidia as it is not possible a driver to be of 105gb. So try to uninstall it first. As you are unable to uninstall it try to use the Your Uninstaller Utility which will help you for same. After that install the latest driver from the Official site and then try to run the same. Let me know if it works for you.

Just re-read my post and noted the typo - the download was 106mb from Nivida.com.

Not able to unistall via windows as the screen is not legible.

GeForce 7600 problem?

You are not able to manage computer anymore then there is one of the option you can take to heal this problem. You need to format the system as a fresh installation. I hope, this one is the solution through which we can fix this issue.

Hmmm ... am preparing to do just that ... format it shall be.