Thread: Can't adjust brightness on Toshiba Satellite L300D-06N

Can't adjust brightness on Toshiba Satellite L300D-06N

I just got a new Toshiba laptop (Satellite L300D-06N) as a gift. I installed Windows XP SP3 on it and because of the unavailability of the model compatible driver, I used driver of another L300D models and working well except the SM BUS Controller.

As my primary issue is that I am unable to turn the brightness up nor down using the FN combination. Entire keys work by them selves so it's not a hardware issue. when I press FN+ with any of the combination there's nothing happens. The F key responds well but the FN light lights up and the key works fine. I need help with this issue.

Your FN combination is not working because you have not installed the bus controller driver properly.

Whenever, you have that displayed up it commonly indicates that you installed the drivers in the wrong order as the SM BUS Controller driver is part of the chipset software, that is needed to installed respective to any other drivers.Then after, you can be able to adjust your screen with the respective manner.

You told earlier that you are not getting the exact driver that can run with proper specification of the laptop model. You need to search your model compatible driver according to your supported model number.

Your entire XP drivers are allocated on the European Support Site. You need to use L300D as the model and PSLC8E as the short model name. The suggested model name and number is equivalent to euro so it will have all of the proper drivers.

I think, you are not going with the correct order of installing driver, you have to follow the sequence of the installation of drivers that can be helpful to resolve your issues.

The drivers should be installed in this way :

• Chipset software
    • Display driver
    • Sound driver
    • Modem Driver
    • If you have the internal WiFi card, then WLAN and/or WiFi driver should be installed.
    • ACPI Common Modules (needed for Power management tools to work)
    • Toshiba Console
    • Display Hotkey utility
    • Touchpad Driver
    • Touchpad enable/disable utility
    • Toshiba Network Device Switch utility
    • Toshiba Power Saver Utility
    • Toshiba Controls
    • Toshiba Utilities

Hello friends,

You need not to use the BIOS from any location but the specific download page for your specific laptop. It is not worth the issue due to the issues that it can cause that the user would not be able to rectify on their own. If a driver ends up not functioning like it should the average use can resolve it, but if a BIOS flash goes incorrect it will need sending the system to a repair shop to have it resolve with costs starting at about a hundred bucks plus shipping.