Thread: GeForce 9800 GX2 and TwinView

GeForce 9800 GX2 and TwinView

Actually I want to know is it possible to use the TwinView with the GeForce 9800 GX2. Because it is not working in my computer system because of the hardware problem. I am not having the MultiGPU or SLI options enabled. XServer log does not give details about the problem with enabling TwinView but gives the message that display was found. I have no idea what is the problem.

Re: GeForce 9800 GX2 and TwinView

I was also suffering with the same problem but now I have the solution for the same. I have used the nvidia-xconfig which enable all gpus --twinview -sli-Off --multigpu=Off" and when I start the application it is not similar to the trinview but the desktop gives the same behavior. So you can use this command instead of trinview.

Thank for your reply now I have solved the problem of trinview. But now I am want to give some more trouble to you. Let me give you clear view of the problem.
    Actually I am using two Dell E198FP monitors and a NVidia GeForce 9800 GX2 graphics card for having the dual monitors in Ubuntu. I have also tried Xinerama, but some programs do not run using this configuration. TwinView, which works well with my configuration, but I am unable to move windows from one monitor to another monitor. What it does is just move the window to the next Virtual Desktop in that monitor. Can anybody solve this issue so that I can still use TwinView and move windows across my monitors?

You can follow these instruction for setting the dual monitors.
    1. You have to enter this command in the terminal window “gksudo nvidia-settings”
    2. After that X Server Display Configuration will start and you can set your monitor to the linking you want.
    3. After doing that click on the apply and save
    This will give you the dual monitors.

Thanks for the reply but my friend as I have clearly mentioned in the above reply that I am not able select TwinView as a option for configure the displays in simple word it is disabled. I am having only option of "Separate X Screen" or "Disabled". Xinerama and this is not definitely working for which want to run. Do you have anyother better option.